Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Phoenix

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by Phoenix »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Oh. :( But could that mean he now has a new account here, posing as another member? :o :shock:

Unlikely. Nevertheless, you should specially watch Sponge, TheHellion, Dmtownend or any new members yet to register. Just in case. ;)

Gotcha! :lol:
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

DanielPT wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:The past tense saddens me :(

He's going to return.

Is he going to return, right?

He might... One day, in the middle of the fog when we least expect it. He will come and save us all!

Sorry, got carried away... Seriously, go check his member profile...

I'm probably not going to return very often anymore. But I've returned for this one instance.

And I just need to relink my Twitter, which I'll do shortly.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

If you have time, check the fantasy racers predictions contest. You seem to be doing very well indeed.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

tommykl wrote:If you have time, check the fantasy racers predictions contest. You seem to be doing very well indeed.

Indeed. We are doing just fine... :lol:
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

tommykl wrote:If you have time, check the fantasy racers predictions contest. You seem to be doing very well indeed.

There's a reason I set it once and went with it for the whole season.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Hello

I am not new here but I never really had the chance to say hello.

I obviously love Formula One and the Rejects of the sport because most of the time it is more interesting than Ferrari and McLaren.
If many of you dont know I am a Red Bull fan mostly supporting Sebastian Vettel. My mates usually ask me why don't I support one of the British drivers but it is a long and complicated story.

I collect F1 Season Review videos and I try and collect the 1:43 scale models. The most rejectful model is probably my Morbidelli 95 Footwork, but even that car managed to get a podium place at the Australian GP

I am a big fan of Jim Bamber cartoons and have many of his Pits Books, a Bamber Force India car and one of his Red Bull Pitcrews.

Basically that is just me and I am willing to talk anything F1 related. (If I were to go on mastermind it will have to be from 1990 to today)

Read my signature if you wish to know my favourite driver of all time.

Thank You :D
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
Howard A Treesong

Post by Howard A Treesong »

I just signed up, I've been reading the main website pages now and again. I particularly wanted to comment in the 1:43 model thread so will be looking for that again in a moment.

Where do people discuss suggestions for drivers to be entered into the list index? One driver I though might be in there was Bertrand Gachot. Okay he drove for 6 years, but only got 5 points in his career, half the time couldn't qualify, most races ended in retirement, a couple of years didn't even see him finish a single race. 4 of his 5 points were won with Jordan, but he blew that opportunity after being sacked because he was imprisoned for two months mid-season after assaulting a taxi driver.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Howard A Treesong wrote:I just signed up, I've been reading the main website pages now and again. I particularly wanted to comment in the 1:43 model thread so will be looking for that again in a moment.

Where do people discuss suggestions for drivers to be entered into the list index? One driver I though might be in there was Bertrand Gachot. Okay he drove for 6 years, but only got 5 points in his career, half the time couldn't qualify, most races ended in retirement, a couple of years didn't even see him finish a single race. 4 of his 5 points were won with Jordan, but he blew that opportunity after being sacked because he was imprisoned for two months mid-season after assaulting a taxi driver.

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post wherever you want, especially in the 1/43 model thread! :)
By the way, Bertrand Gachot does not count as a Reject, because we work on the old 'top 6 places earn points' system that was revised by the FIA for the 2003 season, by making it so that the top 8 score points. So Gachot has 1 5th place and 3 6th places, so he's safe.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Howard A Treesong

Post by Howard A Treesong »

Faustus wrote:Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post wherever you want, especially in the 1/43 model thread! :)
By the way, Bertrand Gachot does not count as a Reject, because we work on the old 'top 6 places earn points' system that was revised by the FIA for the 2003 season, by making it so that the top 8 score points. So Gachot has 1 5th place and 3 6th places, so he's safe.

I see! So is that all that's keeping him out then? :lol:
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Howard A Treesong wrote:I just signed up, I've been reading the main website pages now and again. I particularly wanted to comment in the 1:43 model thread so will be looking for that again in a moment.

Welcome! Your username has got to be one of the best the forum has had for the last few months.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Howard A Treesong wrote:
Faustus wrote:Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post wherever you want, especially in the 1/43 model thread! :)

I see! So is that all that's keeping him out then? :lol:

Absolutely. He's got a decent case as a Lucky Bastard, however.
Silvesterstuck

Post by Silvesterstuck »

Hello to all, my name is Silvester and i am new here in forum i want to take part in discussions and looking forward to share views and ideas with others thanks .
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

cough
Last edited by stupot94 on 18 Aug 2011, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Oh dear, spambot much? :roll:

EDIT: If you do indeed prove to be human, I apologize. It's just that that post looks soooo generic, and you have a link, and nothing else, in your sig.

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I don't think this is legitimate. It looks far too generic, plus there's nothing about F1 and other interests. Add to that the link in the signature and we have a possible spambot, the first for many months I believe.

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:If you do indeed prove to be human, I apologize. It's just that that post looks soooo generic, and you have a link, and nothing else, in your sig.

Same here as well.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Didn't know this forum has spammers! Does it happen much?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Jeroen Krautmeir

AdrianSutil wrote:Didn't know this forum has spammers! Does it happen much?

You should have been here before the new forum software was implemented.

Get a glimpse of some here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=362

PS: I can't stop reading that once in a while from start to finish and lol like insane. Admittedly, a lot of stuff inappropriate for my age, but it's gotten me through some sh**ty days. :lol:

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Talking about spammers, I've just had a look at the list of registered users, and there seems to be a number of spambots/spammers that have just registered. Hopefully we won't get much on the forum this time round.
leywso

Post by leywso »

Hello, my real name's Sam and I'm a primary school teacher so I probably will be able to use this forum for about two weeks before I go back to work and all my free time is sapped away!

My interest in F1 was sparked in 1989 when at six years old I saw a snippet of the Spanish Grand Prix, namely when Mauricio Gugelmin attempted to vault Luis Sala's Minardi. I thought that was cool, and two races later was the Australian race and it's chaotic rainy scenes. I recorded that race and now can almost recite the commentary word for word:
"I suspect they're gonna push his car off the course, they want to get this race going and rightly so. Yes, the Osella goes, Larini's race is over!"
"Senna is nearly nine seconds ahead at the end of the first lap. He is going to cakewalk this race if he only keeps going..."
"There's Senna spinning, spin spin spin, round round round he goes..."
"Martin Brundle in major trouble, no rear wing, he's gone off somewhere... ooh, Senna has only got three wheels!"

By 1990 I was fully captivated by the sport, and stayed so throughout the 90s until I sadly had to grow up a bit. Now I enjoy nothing more than a reminisce about the good old days, especially if it involves my favourite drivers Erik Comas and Mika Salo (who sadly only drove in the same GP once- Japan 94)- and adding to my sprouting 1:43 discast collection from the 'glory days' period of 1988-1992.
advent

Post by advent »

Howdy.

I'm Advent!!! or you can call me Advent, I'm a student 20 living in london, used to cruise the f1 reject page looking at all the teams and drivers thinking i could do better.....oh yeah!

Im half English and Half Maltese, and I'd rather be called Maltese then English but thats just me! Big fan of Cosworth and WIlliams but very dissapointed with them both this year!! My fav driver has to be Barrichello and my least has to be Hamilton but thats just me!

If I could i'd start a Maltese based F1 team trying to get the Island to use the car as a billboard! using the good old Cosworth V8

Regards Advent =]
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

advent wrote:Howdy.

I'm Advent!!! or you can call me Advent, I'm a student 20 living in london, used to cruise the f1 reject page looking at all the teams and drivers thinking i could do better.....oh yeah!

Im half English and Half Maltese, and I'd rather be called Maltese then English but thats just me! Big fan of Cosworth and WIlliams but very dissapointed with them both this year!! My fav driver has to be Barrichello and my least has to be Hamilton but thats just me!

If I could i'd start a Maltese based F1 team trying to get the Island to use the car as a billboard! using the good old Cosworth V8

Regards Advent =]

Whi university are you studying at in London? And which subject(s)? Because I am about to begin at Brunel University, Uxbridge, West London next month, studying Occupational Therapy.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

Hello! My user name '14 Hundred Hours' came from when I misread 'two o'clock' as 'Timo Glock' (this happens waaay to much to me)! I love F1, and have a hard time explaining to my motor racing illiterate friends that Jenson Button is NOT German. (I'm not sure why they think this. I'm not sure I want to). As you might've guessed, my favourite driver is Timo Glock, but my favourite team is Force India. Anyway, I'll be on the forum as often as I can, which won't be too often as I have to study for AS levels. : (
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:Hello! My user name '14 Hundred Hours' came from when I misread 'two o'clock' as 'Timo Glock' (this happens waaay to much to me)! I love F1, and have a hard time explaining to my motor racing illiterate friends that Jenson Button is NOT German. (I'm not sure why they think this. I'm not sure I want to). As you might've guessed, my favourite driver is Timo Glock, but my favourite team is Force India. Anyway, I'll be on the forum as often as I can, which won't be too often as I have to study for AS levels. : (

Wahey! Another Force India fan! I knew there was another one out there :)

Welcome to the forum mate.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:Hello! My user name '14 Hundred Hours' came from when I misread 'two o'clock' as 'Timo Glock' (this happens waaay to much to me)! I love F1, and have a hard time explaining to my motor racing illiterate friends that Jenson Button is NOT German. (I'm not sure why they think this. I'm not sure I want to). As you might've guessed, my favourite driver is Timo Glock, but my favourite team is Force India. Anyway, I'll be on the forum as often as I can, which won't be too often as I have to study for AS levels. : (

Welcome. Brilliant signature BTW :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I am glad we finally have a Timo Glock fan in the forum! Welcome, mate! :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

DanielPT wrote:

You mean there aren't any others?! :shock: :D I've yet to meet/ hear of another Timo fan...
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

You mean there aren't any others?! :shock: :D I've yet to meet/ hear of another Timo fan...

Well, given Timo's low profile it isn't that surprising. While we all like him (Massa fans aside - and I am yet to see one in this forum), I was yet to see a true Timo Glock fan. In a certain way, he is an unbearded, dark haired version of Nick Heidfeld.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Hi, i've been visiting this site on and off for about a year now, so about time I joined the forums.

Anyway, i've grown up with F1 (mostly Schumacker years though), both my parents watch it, and i'm still a big fan of the sport.

So yeah, hi.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Minardi Man wrote:Hi, i've been visiting this site on and off for about a year now, so about time I joined the forums.

Anyway, i've grown up with F1 (mostly Schumacker years though), both my parents watch it, and i'm still a big fan of the sport.

So yeah, hi.

Both your parents watch it? You lucky guy! :) Welcome to this forum!
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Or am I?
Last edited by stupot94 on 18 Oct 2011, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
kobayashiftw

Post by kobayashiftw »

Hello everyone, I have been lurking around the forums and I thought it was finally time to make an account. As you can tell Kobayashi is my favourite driver but I like most reject drivers and teams. I'm probably the youngest member of the forum.

~kobayashiftw~
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

kobayashiftw wrote:Hello everyone, I have been lurking around the forums and I thought it was finally time to make an account. As you can tell Kobayashi is my favourite driver but I like most reject drivers and teams. I'm probably the youngest member of the forum.

~kobayashiftw~

Welcome to the forum. Does this mean we finally have a member younger than Jeroen? :o
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

East Londoner wrote:
kobayashiftw wrote:Hello everyone, I have been lurking around the forums and I thought it was finally time to make an account. As you can tell Kobayashi is my favourite driver but I like most reject drivers and teams. I'm probably the youngest member of the forum.

~kobayashiftw~

Welcome to the forum. Does this mean we finally have a member younger than Jeroen? :o

That is the tragedy of having such a risky unique selling point. At any given moment Jeroen could stop being the youngest member here.
Sad thing is, he'd still be more memorable than I am. :?
IceG

Post by IceG »

Hi everybody,

I've been lurking around what seems to be the most erudite F1 forum on the web (well informed, good spelling, good humour, minimum flame wars) and thought I should finally join.

Been an F1 fan since the early 80s and getting increasingly bemused by err....... everything.

Other opinions to follow.
kobayashiftw

Post by kobayashiftw »

Klon wrote:
East Londoner wrote:

~kobayashiftw~

That is the tragedy of having such a risky unique selling point. At any given moment Jeroen could stop being the youngest member here.
Sad thing is, he'd still be more memorable than I am. :?

Not sure how old Jeroen is, I was born on 3/2/1998.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

If my maths are still good, that makes you 13. I think Jeroen is 14.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:If my maths are still good, that makes you 13. I think Jeroen is 14.

Jeroen's 12 if my memory is correct
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jeroen Krautmeir

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:If my maths are still good, that makes you 13. I think Jeroen is 14.

Jeroen's 12 if my memory is correct

I was born in October 98, so I'm still the youngest. :twisted:

But this is getting me worried. Sooner or later, I have to take the title Phoenix offered me, that is;

Honorary Youngest Forum Member :roll:

Anyway, welcome kobayashiftw :)

kobayashiftw

Post by kobayashiftw »

Now I am officially as forgettable as the 2nd virgin driver in 2010
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kobayashiftw wrote:Now I am officially as forgettable as the 2nd virgin driver in 2010

Join MRT's young driver program in the F1RWRS and I'll make you a superstar :P