090816 Luca Badoer Comeback Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 090816 Luca Badoer Comeback Edition

Post by shinji »

badoerfan wrote:Why did the FIA do that?

You could ask that about a lot of things.

They probably did it because to provide a punishment for the last qualifier, as there were 26 entrants and 26 places on the grid.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

badoerfan wrote:Loved the podcast (obviously!). One question though: what was the deal with the whole '26th place not qualifying in 1993'? Why did the FIA do that?

The idea was, and I quote, 'to keep up standards at the back', but it was not implemented until the second round of the year, and was removed from the German Grand Prix onwards after all the teams agreed it was a pretty pointless rule.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I was very 'appy to be mentioned in the podcast, when my comment on Schumachers head would fly off. Only my second time to date, the first time was when I was wearing my Suuuppper Aguri T-shirt on a prime time australian tv show. (podcast Asian GP Edition - 30th October, 2008) although it wasn't my TV debut... :lol:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Irisado wrote:
badoerfan wrote:Loved the podcast (obviously!). One question though: what was the deal with the whole '26th place not qualifying in 1993'? Why did the FIA do that?

The idea was, and I quote, 'to keep up standards at the back', but it was not implemented until the second round of the year, and was removed from the German Grand Prix onwards after all the teams agreed it was a pretty pointless rule.

Yep. They first had a plan that 24 would qualify, leaving 2 DNQs. But then they changed that only 1 DNQs, so all teams can have at least one car in the race.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Anyway, now that Badoer is out for sure, has anyone read any statement from the man(apart from his interview when he says that he was sacked because of the negative media coverage) concerning his retirement? I have a feeling that this whole thing went too quietly, the switch to Fisichella and everything concerning that matter... :?
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

^ It's said that Ferrari has a contract with seven drivers for the next season: Massa, Räikkönen, Fisichella, Badoer, Gene, Schumacher and Alonso... try to make up something from that then!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"