RIP Jean-Pierre van Rossem

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Miguel98

Rest in Peace Jean-Pierre van Rossem

Post by Miguel98 »

The man behind the backing of the Onyx team (for which shambles we remember of course) has sadly passed away.

:(
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bleu

RIP Jean-Pierre van Rossem

Post by Bleu »

The controversial team boss of Onyx has passed away at 73.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/onyx ... s/4313042/
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RIP Jean-Pierre van Rossem

Post by Nuppiz »

Topics merged.

He sure was an eccentric man, but reading about his exploits was funny even if he was a major criminal. Requiescat in pace.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I'll honour him with his most famous quote: vive la république!

He was a serious criminal indeed (long before his involvement in F1 actually), but a true cult figure in Belgium. Most don't even know about his F1 venture, because theres just too much this guy did, he never shied away from trying to make the media after all. And that's how most people will remember him in here, as an eccentric media figure, not really aware of what he actually did.

Nevertheless, he was a criminal until the day he died, so whilst he may rest in peace, i will not tribute him. I just know too much about this guy.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

RIP to an extraordinary person behind the roller-coaster that was one of my favourite ever F1 teams. Did anyone ever find out what was in the mysterious Moneytron cupboard?

Hello again, by the way. Been a few years since I posted on here.
Forza Forti
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Pieman wrote:RIP to an extraordinary person behind the roller-coaster that was one of my favourite ever F1 teams. Did anyone ever find out what was in the mysterious Moneytron cupboard?

A half-eaten waffle, and a wad of forged banknotes clearly made by Brussels' answer to Skull-Crusher Henderson.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"