RIP André Guelfi

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Miguel98

RIP André Guelfi

Post by Miguel98 »

(thanks to Nuppiz for giving this information)

Reject driver André Guelfi has passed away 3 days ago. He only raced at the 1958 Moroccan GP, qualifing in last place and finishnig in 15th place, 5 laps down on Stirling Moss.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: RIP André Guelfi

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

It also bears pointing out that he raced in the separate F2 class in that race, which technically does not make him an F1 driver. However, that doesn't make him any less worthy of remembering, and he's allegedly been able to keep a remarkable level of fitness for someone his age, perhaps best shown by the fact that he's lived to the age of 97 while looking about 20 years younger.

RIP André.
#FreeGonzo
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Rest in peace
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

RIP Andre.

To mention it here as I don't know better place to have it, the honor of oldest living Grand Prix driver is now transferred to Kenneth McAlpine.