A Tribute to the Heroic Failures of GP Racing - at Goodwood

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
MinardiFan95

A Tribute to the Heroic Failures of GP Racing - at Goodwood

Post by MinardiFan95 »

It seems that we aren't the only people celebrating the heroic failures of Grand Prix racing, as for this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed a new class known as "Flat Broke but Fearless" has been introduced for the hillclimb - a class just for cars from teams that either had a profile on F1 Rejects, deserved a profile on F1 Rejects or were heroic underdogs that managed to 'unrejectify' themselves.

Entrants in this class include a pair of LEC CRP1s, the 6 wheeled March 2-4-0, an Amon AF101, the unraced Tecno E371, a Coloni C3, the Minardi M189 that Pierluigi Martini lead a lap at Estoril in, a Simtek S951, a Pacific PR02 and last but not least, the reject favourite - the worst F1 car of all time - the Life L190.

https://grrc.goodwood.com/festival-of-s ... in-history
This is a cool spot.
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: A Tribute to the Heroic Failures of GP Racing - at Goodw

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

MinardiFan95 wrote:It seems that we aren't the only people celebrating the heroic failures of Grand Prix racing, as for this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed a new class known as "Flat Broke but Fearless" has been introduced for the hillclimb - a class just for cars from teams that either had a profile on F1 Rejects, deserved a profile on F1 Rejects or were heroic underdogs that managed to 'unrejectify' themselves.

Entrants in this class include a pair of LEC CRP1s, the 6 wheeled March 2-4-0, an Amon AF101, the unraced Tecno E371, a Coloni C3, the Minardi M189 that Pierluigi Martini lead a lap at Estoril in, a Simtek S951, a Pacific PR02 and last but not least, the reject favourite - the worst F1 car of all time - the Life L190.

That's... amazing. Yes! :D
#FreeGonzo
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

MinardiFan95 wrote:It seems that we aren't the only people celebrating the heroic failures of Grand Prix racing, as for this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed a new class known as "Flat Broke but Fearless" has been introduced for the hillclimb - a class just for cars from teams that either had a profile on F1 Rejects, deserved a profile on F1 Rejects or were heroic underdogs that managed to 'unrejectify' themselves.

That is brilliant.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

:shock:
If only I lived on the same continent.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

This is awesome, but some numbskull has scheduled the Festival of Speed to clash with Formula E :(
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
UncreativeUsername37

watka wrote:This is awesome, but some numbskull has scheduled the Festival of Speed to clash with Formula E :(

Well, some reject appreciation there. (Eye roll smiley we used to have)
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
watka wrote:This is awesome, but some numbskull has scheduled the Festival of Speed to clash with Formula E :(

I miss the old smileys :(
See? It's just not the same.
This :D looks more like a laughing face than a smiling one to me, more so than this :lol:
This :mrgreen: has taken on a completely different meaning and is especially confusing when browsing through old threads.
This :roll:, which replaced what UgncreativeUsergname was looking for, doesn't have the same impact.
I'm also not big on this :P Definitely preferred the old one.
Having said that, though, I love this :dance:, this, ;), this :glasses: and this :cry:
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Simtek wrote:

I miss the old smileys :(
See? It's just not the same.
This :D looks more like a laughing face than a smiling one to me, more so than this :lol:
This :mrgreen: has taken on a completely different meaning and is especially confusing when browsing through old threads.
This :roll:, which replaced what UgncreativeUsergname was looking for, doesn't have the same impact.
I'm also not big on this :P Definitely preferred the old one.
Having said that, though, I love this :dance:, this, ;), this :glasses: and this :cry:

The smiley list will not be complete until Psyduck is added. Image

And possibly Negative Man too. Image
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

One car in particular appears to be missing from that list that ought to be there in my opinion - the MasterCard Lola T97/30 (or even the T95/30...).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Hmmmm... I might have to rethink Formula E and go to Goodwood instead.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Code: Select all

[img]https://www.phpbb.com/community/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Preview: Image

There you go! :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
UncreativeUsername37

FMecha wrote:

There you go! :)

Cool :)

Quick, everyone, edit every post you've ever made to the old smilies
Bobby Doorknobs

FMecha wrote:

There you go! Image

Cool Image

Quick, everyone, edit every post you've ever made to the old smilies

Fixed.
#FreeGonzo
mario

Post by mario »

I love the fact that, even when it is only trying to undertake a demo run, they are having to tow the L190 along the course...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"