REJECTWATCH 2015

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
golic_2004

REJECTWATCH 2015

Post by golic_2004 »

NASCAR Whelen Euro:
Domenico Schiattarella

Blancpain Endurance Series:
Markus Winkelhock
Bruno Senna
Bernd Schneider

Formula E (including 2014-15)
Senna
Karun Chandhok
Scott Speed
Jaime Alguersuari
Jerome d'Ambrosio
Sebastien Buemi
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Lucas Di Grassi
Stephane Sarrazin

Global Rallycross:
Speed

Indycar:
Sebastien Bourdais
Justin Wilson

Indy Lights:
Max Chilton

World Endurance Championship:
Anthony Davidson
Buemi
Kazuki Nakajima
Sarrazin
Liuzzi
Andre Lotterer
Di Grassi
David Brabham
Gianmaria Bruni
Pedro Lamy

World Touring Car Championship:
Gabriele Tarquini

GT Asia Series:
Liuzzi

United SportsCar Championship:
Bourdais
Max Papis
Bruni
Lamy
Jan Magnussen
Olivier Beretta
M. Winkelhock

Pirelli World Challenge:
Beretta

Porsche GT Cup Brazil:
Ricardo Rosset

Stock Car Brazil:
Rosset
Luciano Burti
Enrique Bernoldi
Chico Serra
Antonio Pizzonia

Endurance Racing Series - Class 1
Mike Wilds

Audi R8 LMS Cup China:
Alex Yoong

Turismo Carretera:
Gaston Mazzacane

Australian GT Championship:
Tomas Enge

AutoGP:
Pizzonia

If there's more who I forgot to list of have yet to be mentioned till later in the season just reply right away.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
DemocalypseNow

Re: REJECTWATCH 2015

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Norberto Fontana is racing in both Turismo Carretera and Super TC2000, as has been the case for some time now. Curiously though, despite most TC drivers also campaigning in Super TC2000, Gaston Mazzacane is one of the few to be sticking solely to TC.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Klien was in the WEC in the ByKolles car at the first race of the year at Silverstone. Not sure if he'll stick around though.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AndreaModa wrote:Klien was in the WEC in the ByKolles car at the first race of the year at Silverstone. Not sure if he'll stick around though.

Klien's not a reject: 6th in Spa 2004 and 5th in Shanghai 2005 ;)
#FreeGonzo
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Simtek wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Klien was in the WEC in the ByKolles car at the first race of the year at Silverstone. Not sure if he'll stick around though.

Klien's not a reject: 6th in Spa 2004 and 5th in Shanghai 2005 ;)

Well bugger me! :oops:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Super Formula has:

Andre Lotterer
Kazuki Nakajima
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerond wrote:Super Formula has:

Andre Lotterer
Kazuki Nakajima

That segways nicely into Super GT, which has Yuji Ide making a comeback, albeit only in the GT300 class. Only managed to finish 18th in class at Okayama!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

A really good Motorsport News podcast with Mike Earle, featuring subjects and discussions on 'David Purley, Derek Bell, Peter Gethin, John Watson, Roger Clark, Chris Craft, Jean-Luc Salomon, Denny Hulme, Bruce McLaren, Gerhard Berger, Carlos Pace, Bernie Ecclestone, Tom Pryce, Adrian Newey, Jean-Pierre van Rossem, Stefan Johansson, Pierre van Vliet, Alan Jenkins, The Earl of March, Jean-Marie Balestre, Herbie Blash, Niki Lauda, Greg Fielding, Charlie Purley, Joyce Purley, James Hunt, Stefano Modena, Ayrton Senna, Mika Häkkinen , Allan McNish, Emanuele Pirro, Yannick Dalmas, Beppe Gabbiani, Thierry Tassin, Dave Scott, Alain Prost, Tom Onslow-Cole, Alan Gow, David Mountain, Eddie Jordan, Keith Wiggins, Marcello Lotti, The Sultan of Brunei, Enzo Ferrari, John Barnard and Maggie Thatcher (obviously). Oh, and there’s also mention of Black Sabbath. Quite a list then.'
Onyx F1 is discussed around 25 - 35 mins in the 90 min session
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/hi ... e-podcast/
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Kazuki Nakajima broke his vertebra in a practice accident at Spa in WEC.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Backmarker wrote:Kazuki Nakajima broke his vertebra in a practice accident at Spa in WEC.

Nasty, get well soon Kazuki.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Antonio Pizzonia was leading the Auto GP race at the Hungaroring, but got passed on the last lap by Facundo Regalia. There are only 9 drivers in Auto GP this year.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Dave

Post by Dave »

What constitutes a reject? Forgive this question if it seems obvious, the search function on this site does not conduct searches for the term 'reject'. I was under the impression that the criteria are the same as what they were on the old site. Yes, I understand that this site is a different one managed by different people. Nonetheless, the main criterion on the old site was that the driver etc., try as they might (bless them), could not muster more than 2 points on the track.

If that is still how a reject is determined, then Kazuki Nakajima should not be on Rejectwatch. It is my opinion that he was better for Williams than Felipe Massa will ever be. I might be the only one to write it, but I know I'm not the only one to think it. I'm not holding a torch for Kazu or anthing, his career in F1 is over. It would have been nice to see him race for one or two more seasons, though.

If there is another scoring system in place, perhaps handicapped to their current series, I would like to know more. I don't follow all these series as I'm too skint to pay for real cable. I'm pretty much only interested in F1 and the juicy bits of Le Mans, but these other options have sparked my interest.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dave wrote:What constitutes a reject? Forgive this question if it seems obvious, the search function on this site does not conduct searches for the term 'reject'. I was under the impression that the criteria are the same as what they were on the old site. Yes, I understand that this site is a different one managed by different people. Nonetheless, the main criterion on the old site was that the driver etc., try as they might (bless them), could not muster more than 2 points on the track.

No, it was not points-based. The criteria to leave rejectdom was any combination of:

• Any top 4 finish
  • 1 5th and 1 6th place finish
  • 3 6th place finishes

And even as someone who still thinks Massa should've hung up the helmet years ago, to say that he's worse than Nakajima is a bit silly. Although Nakajima looked a bit promising in 2008, there was no excuse for him to walk away from 2009 without a single point, especially since I don't think even Rosberg got the most out of that car.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Dave wrote:What constitutes a reject? Forgive this question if it seems obvious, the search function on this site does not conduct searches for the term 'reject'. I was under the impression that the criteria are the same as what they were on the old site. Yes, I understand that this site is a different one managed by different people. Nonetheless, the main criterion on the old site was that the driver etc., try as they might (bless them), could not muster more than 2 points on the track.

If that is still how a reject is determined, then Kazuki Nakajima should not be on Rejectwatch. It is my opinion that he was better for Williams than Felipe Massa will ever be. I might be the only one to write it, but I know I'm not the only one to think it. I'm not holding a torch for Kazu or anthing, his career in F1 is over. It would have been nice to see him race for one or two more seasons, though.

If there is another scoring system in place, perhaps handicapped to their current series, I would like to know more. I don't follow all these series as I'm too skint to pay for real cable. I'm pretty much only interested in F1 and the juicy bits of Le Mans, but these other options have sparked my interest.

As Salamander mentioned above, the criteria was changed way back in 2003 to accommodate for the new points systems. Essentially, a reject is a driver who would not have scored more than two points in a 8/9/10-6-4-3-2-1 system. This is why Sébastien Buemi is a reject but Bob Gerard is not.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Wrong site mate, you should have a look at Damn Good Case For A Grand Prix Reject, and when you find it let me know, cos I reckon Massa's stealing oxygen too :D
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Alexis van de Poele will race this weekend at the A1 Ring.
Any relations?

-*:-
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Nevermind Alexis van de Poele, I'm interested in Doreen Seidel. Relation to Wolfgang, perhaps?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Indeed, Alexis's Eric's son.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/de/aud ... ele-b-3837

They've been interviewed together in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92fKmae ... e=youtu.be
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

tommykl wrote:Nevermind Alexis van de Poele, I'm interested in Doreen Seidel. Relation to Wolfgang, perhaps?

I'll be following the doings of one Rahel Frey.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Svindal? Neureuther? Hirscher? I see who will be finishing in the last three places then.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Bobby Doorknobs

tommykl wrote:Nevermind Alexis van de Poele, I'm interested in Doreen Seidel. Relation to Wolfgang, perhaps?

A Google Search has yielded some images that are inappropriate for a family forum such as this one...
#FreeGonzo
tBone

Post by tBone »

Simtek wrote:

A Google Search has yielded some images that are inappropriate for a family forum such as this one...

I know who will be Lotus' next development driver :lol:
YOUR
LOGO

Here
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Christ! No-one tell dr-baker!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:Christ! No-one tell dr-baker!

Oops, too late...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Waris

Post by Waris »

Honestly, what do you expect with a car sponsored by Playboy?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

golic_2004 wrote:
Global Rallycross:
Speed

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jocke1 wrote:
golic_2004 wrote:
Global Rallycross:
Speed

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

>Mighty
>Scott Speed

:lol:

Jokes aside, Speed's actually been hanging around that series for a few years now, and has had some success. Which is a step up from where he was a few years ago - DNQ'ing for the Indy 500, being sacked from a NASCAR field filler team...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

More of a Rejectspot than a Rejectwatch, but I saw something on Pietro Fantin's Draco in the FR3.5...check the rear wing.

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

Ataxia wrote:More of a Rejectspot than a Rejectwatch, but I saw something on Pietro Fantin's Draco in the FR3.5...check the rear wing.

Motori Moderni still exists? What are they doing these days?
#FreeGonzo
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Simtek wrote:
Ataxia wrote:More of a Rejectspot than a Rejectwatch, but I saw something on Pietro Fantin's Draco in the FR3.5...check the rear wing.

Motori Moderni still exists? What are they doing these days?

A 4-cylinder (in good old tradition) boxer engine for ultralight aircraft. Judging from what I read here, it looks like it's indeed the same company (they proudly state they've worked with almost-F1 reject* Fulvio Maria Ballabio's Montecarlo Automobile, and, afaik, one of Montecarlo's GTs sported a Motori Moderni V12 engine). I don't think they have any other commitment to motorsport anymore, apart from this sponsorship.

*by which I mean, he would have probably been a F1 reject, hadn't he been denied a superlicence.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Would be so cool if they popped one of those aircraft engines in the back of a racing car, though... Watch it going nowhere!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

http://www.audi-motorsport-asia.com/en/News?pid=67 Alex Yoong has defended his championship in the Audi R8 LMS Cup, becoming two-time champion in the fledgling series.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

golic_2004 wrote:http://www.audi-motorsport-asia.com/en/News?pid=67 Alex Yoong has defended his championship in the Audi R8 LMS Cup, becoming two-time champion in the fledgling series.

Good luck to him. However, I'm probably right in saying the series is a bit... thin... on talent...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

As it is a fledgling series, I wouldn't necessarily say many big names would choose to drive for that series. I do wish them all the best in their careers, especially those who are in the infancy of their racing endeavors.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

golic_2004 wrote:As it is a fledgling series, I wouldn't necessarily say many big names would choose to drive for that series. I do wish them all the best in their careers, especially those who are in the infancy of their racing endeavors.

Formula E is also essentially a fledgling series...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

dr-baker wrote:
golic_2004 wrote:As it is a fledgling series, I wouldn't necessarily say many big names would choose to drive for that series. I do wish them all the best in their careers, especially those who are in the infancy of their racing endeavors.

Touché, Dr. Who, ahem...I mean dr-baker. Touché. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

golic_2004 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Touché, Dr. Who, ahem...I mean dr-baker. Touché. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.

Who's Doctor Who? Is he on first base?
MCard LOLA
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

I didn't notice until now that Enrique Bernoldi took part in the Lamborghini Super Trofero North America series this year where he finished runner-up in the pro standings with 2 wins.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I didn't want to create new topic, but found out that Paolo Barilla is participating Monaco Grand Prix Historique this weekends.

Another reject I found is of course :deletraz:

Non-reject former F1 drivers participating are Alex Caffi and Emanuele Pirro.