The most rejectful F1 moment ever in your opinion

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Francis23

Re: The most rejectful F1 moment ever in your opinion

Post by Francis23 »

I give you Johnny Herbert, Spain 1995; the reactions of Flavio, the crowd, and the poor mechanic himself make this priceless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2SrvL1Zes

I believe he also had a pitlane mishap in Adelaide that year too, but simply carried back on to the circuit instead of doing a Coulthard :D
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Francis23 wrote:I give you Johnny Herbert, Spain 1995; the reactions of Flavio, the crowd, and the poor mechanic himself make this priceless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2SrvL1Zes

I believe he also had a pitlane mishap in Adelaide that year too, but simply carried back on to the circuit instead of doing a Coulthard :D

And in that moment, Flavio knew he bathplug up when he hired Johnny. :P

Well, to be fair he did win two races. So, he wasn't that bathplug up of a hire. :P
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Miguel98 wrote:And in that moment, Flavio knew he bathplug up when he hired Johnny.

How was that incident Herbert's fault?
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Johnny was a bona-fide second driver, definitely the better choice over Verstappen and JJ Lehto, but not the most optimal choice. Actually, I think that Katayama was due to move to Benetton rather than to Williams before that tumor turned up and he stayed at Ken's. If that was his competition, then Herbert was definitely the better driver. The only option that actually could have been better was Barrichello at the time (or maybe Frentzen, I don't know how sour the relation between the two Germans was back then though).

Still, Herbert did some crazy things, such as finishing seventh in that Belgian grand prix where Schumacher won from 16th, after leading the race in the early stages.
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

Gotta remember that both of his wins that year were due to Hill and Schumi's shenanigans, unfortunately he was destined to be the number 2 driver, a solid one, but still.
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Francis23 wrote:Gotta remember that both of his wins that year were due to Hill and Schumi's shenanigans, unfortunately he was destined to be the number 2 driver, a solid one, but still.

And more, as he needed Coulthard to speed in the pitlane in Britain and Alesi's car doing strange things in Italy to win these two either way.

His best performance was probably the Spanish Grand Prix... wait, that's where the jack incident happened!
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

GerhardTalger wrote:
Francis23 wrote:Gotta remember that both of his wins that year were due to Hill and Schumi's shenanigans, unfortunately he was destined to be the number 2 driver, a solid one, but still.

And more, as he needed Coulthard to speed in the pitlane in Britain and Alesi's car doing strange things in Italy to win these two either way.

His best performance was probably the Spanish Grand Prix... wait, that's where the jack incident happened!

Oh the irony, although I don't think the jack incident actually cost him any time, anyway on the subject of 1995 how about Taki Inoue's heroics in qualifying at Monza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLmfer-kPx8
Chrisdude

Post by Chrisdude »

Mansell and Nannini getting released from the pits before the green flag was pretty bathpluging dumb, Canada 1989. Cars tootling around before the actual start! Imagine the calamity these days, nah, just black flag 'em!