Coloni relative drove for Coloni ?

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
f1-gast

Coloni relative drove for Coloni ?

Post by f1-gast »

Well i came across some information (probably some of you do know more ?) about a guy named Paolo Coloni , probably a nephew of Enzo Coloni ?
He drove with the Coloni in 1990 (or supposed to) during the Bologna Motorshow held in the 2nd week of December.

Does any of you know more about this ?
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
pi314159

Re: Coloni relative drove for Coloni ?

Post by pi314159 »

Paolo Coloni is Enzo's son. He was later team principal of Coloni Motorsport in GP2.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I also remember him driving in Masters of Formula 3 in... 1991, most likely. This is also the first time I ever heard of Luca Badoer.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Yeah, Paolo has been in charge of Coloni Motorsport since the F1 team folded. He's also in charge of Auto GP (it being a Coloni run series). In between this he was a FIAT Group driving coach between 1995-2000.

As for the driving part - he says himself he was a test-driver for Coloni in '89, but I've never seen any record of him driving a session for them. Maybe it was a private test or something.

The fact he got to drive the car may have been a bit of nepotism, but at least he has a qualification in Electronic & Mechanical Engineering to be involved in the running race cars part of the sport.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I only know he was supposed to drive during the Bologna motorsports day in 1990.

I do know his father tested the Coloni in 1987.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1