Rejectwatch 2014!

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rejectwatch 2014!

Post by watka »

SuzukiSwift wrote:Late but congrats to Kaz Nakajima on his Super Formula championship.

Wow, if Kazuki won that championship last year, Kobayashi is going to destroy that field in 2015.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
MartinJS81

Post by MartinJS81 »

Now this site is back up, let's mention Formula E - Jaime Alguesuari, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Jerome d'Ambrosio, Sebastien Buemi, Lucas di Grassi, Stephané Sarrazin, Franck Montagny (briefly), Jean-Eric Vergne and Charles Pic (very briefly) already. Plus Nelsinho who missed official reject status by one race but is rejectful in other ways.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The thread title still reads 2014. Shall we open a new one for 2015 or just rename it?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I think new thread is better so that it's easier to look at the most important rejectwatch events later. Although this topic is only on the second page. ;)
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

MartinJS81 wrote:Now this site is back up, let's mention Formula E - Jaime Alguesuari, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Jerome d'Ambrosio, Sebastien Buemi, Lucas di Grassi, Stephané Sarrazin, Franck Montagny (briefly), Jean-Eric Vergne and Charles Pic (very briefly) already. Plus Nelsinho who missed official reject status by one race but is rejectful in other ways.

That's probably the main reason most people here are interested in Formula E :D
Btw (sorry for the OT) I think the points/positions tally needed for a driver to unrejectify him/herself should somehow be lowered due to better reliability in recent years. I don't like really much Vergne being considered a reject just 'cause he could never profit from some real race of attrition/ start a GP with only 6 cars actually taking part...
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

novitopoli wrote:
MartinJS81 wrote:Now this site is back up, let's mention Formula E - Jaime Alguesuari, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Jerome d'Ambrosio, Sebastien Buemi, Lucas di Grassi, Stephané Sarrazin, Franck Montagny (briefly), Jean-Eric Vergne and Charles Pic (very briefly) already. Plus Nelsinho who missed official reject status by one race but is rejectful in other ways.

That's probably the main reason most people here are interested in Formula E :D
Btw (sorry for the OT) I think the points/positions tally needed for a driver to unrejectify him/herself should somehow be lowered due to better reliability in recent years. I don't like really much Vergne being considered a reject just 'cause he could never profit from some real race of attrition/ start a GP with only 6 cars actually taking part...

This point has been brought up several times in the past (here, for example) and, to be honest, what I like about the criteria is the consistency, unlike the F1 points system. Besides, JEV has come pretty close to escaping reject status (2 out of 3 6th places). Yes, reliability has maybe become a little too good, but I like the status quo. And there have been rejects in the past who never got to unrejectify themselves precisely because of unreliability and general bad luck (see Luca Badoer).
#FreeGonzo