Reject Teams... and what they're doing today

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
pi314159

Reject Teams... and what they're doing today

Post by pi314159 »

Super Aguri return to single seater racing, competing in Formula E from 2014 onwards.

Lola were bought by Multimatic last year, and continue to build sportscars, like the Lola B12/80 LMP2 car, including two for a Mazda return to Le Mans

Simtek don't exist any more, but Nick Wirth made a return to Formula 1 in 2010 and 2011, and designs an LMP1 sportscar for HPD at the moment.

Coloni have competed in several single-seater categories since they left Formula 1, and sold their F1 team to Andrea Moda.

Osella returned to making sportscars, today they're producing Group CN prototypes.

Zakspeed still exists, but I don't know what they're doing today.

The original Theodore folded at some point in the 80s, but the name returns to racing at this years' Macao Grand Prix.

Automobiles Martini are owned by Guy Ligier today, and are producing CN sportscars under the Ligier name.

I don't know if Eifelland Caravans are still produced, but I've seen some on the roads.

de Tomaso continued building cars until 2004, went into liquidation, and are now for sale again.

The Automobili Turismi e Sport brand has been revived, and they're planning to build a CN car, and a new version of the 2500 GT
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
MrMasaTasa

Re: Reject Teams... and what they're doing today

Post by MrMasaTasa »

Auto Technisches Spezialzubehör (ATS) is a wheel factory.

Ferguson disappeared after 1971.

Tec-Mec made some Formula Junior cars back in 1960-1975.

Bellasi had some non-championship F1 starts in the seventies.

Spirit raced in the F3000 in 1988, and ran out of money.
Forza Forti!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Is Andrea Moda still making shoes?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:Is Andrea Moda still making shoes?

No. In fact, they don't even have a web domain any more :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
girry

Post by girry »

Not exactly withing the stricted interpretation of the topic, but here it goes:

Theodore Racing boss Teddy Yip's son Teddy Yip junior's team Status Grand Prix competes in GP3.

Pacific Grand Prix team principal Keith Wiggins was a team owner for a long time in Champ Car/IndyCar with HVM Racing (for a season with Paul Stoddart with a team named Minardi Team USA, actually - and, with HWNSNBM as their test driver!).

The two outfits together fielded a Le Mans entry as HVM/Status Grand Prix this year. Reject gold!
when you're dead people start listening
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Rial still make wheels, as do Fondmetal!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Visconti

Post by Visconti »

roblomas52 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Is Andrea Moda still making shoes?

No. In fact, they don't even have a web domain any more :lol:

There still seems to be Andrea Moda shops in Singapore, so I suppose they must still be going
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Does LEC Refrigerators still make refrigerators?

Aston Martin still makes production and racing cars, with reasonable succes. (well, they are a reject, they even got a profile here!)

Bugatti still makes production cars.

Lamborghini still makes production and racing cars, with reasonable succes. (altough there is discussion whether the team was called Lamborghini, Lambo or Modena)

Spyker still makes production cars, with less succes.

Venturi still makes production cars, with very little succes.

VirginSort of does everything, but quit their support in F1

ENB is revived as a 'sponsor' to support young Belgian drivers. Drivers to have received such sponsorship include Bailly, Baguette, Neuville, Vandoorne and others.

There is a car constructor existing named Wolf, however, they have nothing to do with Walter Wolfs racing team (but they did continue in touring cars, especially with Ford Sierras), they do however use the Wolf Formula one colour scheme, so perhaps there is a link, however, i think it's just a case of copying identity (à la Lotus)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Forti did not survive its destruction in F1, and ownership dispute with Shannon Racing, but Guido Forti was a consultant to lower-formulae teams afterwards. He died, aged 72, in January this year.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

This wrote:Venturi still makes production cars, with very little succes.

Are you thinking that Venturi is a reject team? I would count them together with Larrousse and say no. :?
Oh, and blame GT2.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
mario

Post by mario »

This wrote:Does LEC Refrigerators still make refrigerators?

I believe that they are still going and still making fridges, albeit under different ownership.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

There's a LEC fridge in my kitchen! Admittedly we bought that around 5 years ago, so I've no idea if the brand still exists today - if they've been taken over, it might not.
Conventi

Post by Conventi »

I wonder what happened to Life Racing.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Conventi wrote:I wonder what happened to Life Racing.

The team, obviously, doesn't exist any more. The car was at Goodwood in 2009, with its original W12 engine.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:

Are you thinking that Venturi is a reject team? I would count them together with Larrousse and say no. :?
Oh, and blame GT2.

I'm not thinking that, but as a constructor, Venturi only participated in 1992. And got outqualified by an Andrea Moda once. (to their credit, the other car saved the day by scoring a point)
We all know they were the same team as Larousse, but in the constructors table, they weren't.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

This wrote:
FMecha wrote:

Oh, and blame GT2.

I'm not thinking that, but as a constructor, Venturi only participated in 1992. And got outqualified by an Andrea Moda once. (to their credit, the other car saved the day by scoring a point)
We all know they were the same team as Larousse, but in the constructors table, they weren't.

It's an interesting case, this article looks into Larrousse a bit more.

To me, the team have always simply been known as Larrousse, even when Lola and Venturi built the chassis, they lost their 1990 points because of it.

If it was just the points gained by the cars Larrousse built themselves, they'd technically be a reject team.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Barbazza wrote:There's a LEC fridge in my kitchen! Admittedly we bought that around 5 years ago, so I've no idea if the brand still exists today - if they've been taken over, it might not.

We had one for years, I think before I was even born before it eventually cried enough and we threw it out. That must have been about 10 years ago, I'd be surprised if they're still trading under that name.

And bugger me they still are! Although they're owned by Irish company Glen Dimplex apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEC_Refrigeration
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Got to admit, LEC Refridgeration Racing was the coolest team that ever existed!