Complete List of ROTR's

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
TheBigJ

Re: Complete List of ROTR's

Post by TheBigJ »

If it weren't for their excellent drivers over the years, McLaren would have got way more ROTRs for their sheer incompetence in terms of management. They deserve ROTY in 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013 for the David Brent-esque performances all while they claim to be a bigger company than anybody else etc...
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

dinizintheoven wrote:And I'll nominate Nigel Mansell for 1992's Reject Of The Year. The wins were great (even if he used the Williams FW14B to get them), but if we ignore those, he'd have finished equal on points with Jean Alesi in the execrable Ferrari F92A, and if we discount all his podiums he'd have scored no points at all, just like Perry McCarthy! In an Andrea Moda!

If fact, let's count up the points for that year using the current system, and see who would have outscored Nige if we forget about his podiums. Olivier Grouillard! Paul Belmondo! Eric van de Poele! In fact, even Gabriele Tarquini would have finished ahead of him via getting the Fondmetal to the finish line once, and if that doesn't scream "Reject Of The Year", I don't know what does!

Sergio Pérez was unavailable for comment.

Definitely, if it weren't for his wins, Mansell would have been nowhere that year! :P

I'd like to nominate Michael Schumacher for ROTY 2002. Yes, he won 11 races and picked up 17 podiums, but if we look at his points tally without wins he would have only picked up 34 points! Hell, DC scored more than that! And if we look at his points tally minus podiums, again we see that Schumi would have in fact scored no points, just like Alex Yoong!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:I'd like to nominate Michael Schumacher for ROTY 2002. Yes, he won 11 races and picked up 17 podiums, but if we look at his points tally without wins he would have only picked up 34 points! Hell, DC scored more than that! And if we look at his points tally minus podiums, again we see that Schumi would have in fact scored no points, just like Alex Yoong!

Better still: Schumi would have been behind Yoong on countback because he would have had no finishes!

If we removed the wins from 2004, he would have scored just 18 points, behind DC again, his brother Ralf and Fisichella as well. If we took away podiums as well Michael would have scored only 2 points. That would have put him behind Heidfeld's Jordan-Ford.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Chaps can we stop nominating the least rejectful drivers of the season or i'll ask the mods to lock this thread
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Chaps can we stop nominating the least rejectful drivers of the season or i'll ask the mods to lock this thread

But this is what F1 Rejects does best - going off-topic. :?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

watka wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:And I'll nominate Nigel Mansell for 1992's Reject Of The Year. The wins were great (even if he used the Williams FW14B to get them), but if we ignore those, he'd have finished equal on points with Jean Alesi in the execrable Ferrari F92A, and if we discount all his podiums he'd have scored no points at all, just like Perry McCarthy! In an Andrea Moda!

If fact, let's count up the points for that year using the current system, and see who would have outscored Nige if we forget about his podiums. Olivier Grouillard! Paul Belmondo! Eric van de Poele! In fact, even Gabriele Tarquini would have finished ahead of him via getting the Fondmetal to the finish line once, and if that doesn't scream "Reject Of The Year", I don't know what does!

Sergio Pérez was unavailable for comment.

I hope Freeze-O-Kimi finds your sarcasm as funny as I do, for your sake. :lol:

Obviously not.

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Chaps can we stop nominating the least rejectful drivers of the season or i'll ask the mods to lock this thread
I like the way Snrub thinks!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I'll make the Podiums Removed Alternative Championship if people are interested and there isn't already such a thing....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

What? You mean you don't think that fact that Mansell would be on 0 points if you discounted all his podiums in 1992 absolutely shocking and an utter disgrace? How totally not hypocritical in the slightest of you.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I'll make the Podiums Removed Alternative Championship if people are interested and there isn't already such a thing....

Going off topic again: I predict Button will be the 2006 champ, Heidfeld will be the 2007 champ and Alonso the 2008 champ. And Sutil wins at Monza 2009! :D
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
UncreativeUsername37

good_Ralf wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I'll make the Podiums Removed Alternative Championship if people are interested and there isn't already such a thing....

Going off topic again: I predict Button will be the 2006 champ, Heidfeld will be the 2007 champ and Alonso the 2008 champ. And Sutil wins at Monza 2009! :D

No one would get moved up, the podium finishers just get taken out. I guess the fourth placed driver would sort of "win", but it'd be 5 points in 2009, not 10 points.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I'm interested in this :)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
UncreativeUsername37

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Vettel's Blonde Hair has to be the best ROTR for 2013 at the moment closely followed by the Phantom Marussia
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Vettel's Blonde Hair has to be the best ROTR for 2013 at the moment closely followed by the Phantom Marussia

It's the funniest chemical spill so far :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

We certainly have had some fantastic ROTR's this year like the Phantom Marussia Vettel's blond hair and the Jeep. These have to rank as some of the best ROTR's i've ever seen
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

List updated to include this year's recipients so far.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Biscione wrote:List updated to include this year's recipients so far.

Great to see this being updated, but what about Italy and Singapore last year?
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Biscione wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Y'know, Ferrari? The unspecified foreign substance?
#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

The list has been updated. We seem to be missing a few races...
#FreeGonzo
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Surely Vettel deserved ROTR for Mexico 2015
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

US Grand Prix ROTR should either Rosberg's going off the track or Ricciardo & Alonso not retiring, thus keeping Rossi out of the points.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF