Rejectwatch 2013! (F1 Rejects racing in other series)

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
MinardiFan95

Rejectwatch 2013! (F1 Rejects racing in other series)

Post by MinardiFan95 »

After a year's sabbatical, the Rejectwatch thread has returned for 2013! If you spot an F1 Reject on the entry list for any race, make sure to post here to inform the community so we can follow our favourite drivers in their non-F1 adventures.

Firstly, the namesake of this forum, Jean Denis Deletraz, will be racing in a Lamborghini Gallardo LP600 for Gulf Racing Middle East, as well as Markus Winkelhock in a Seat Leon Supercopa for All-Inkl Munnich Motors and Bernd Schneider in a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 for Team Abu Dhabi by Black Falcon, in the 24 Hours of Dubai, held on the 11th and 12th of January. A reject favourite, the JLOC Lamborghini team will also be racing in a Gallardo LP600.
This is a cool spot.
dr-baker

Re: Rejectwatch 2013! (F1 Rejects racing in other series)

Post by dr-baker »

I haven't seen anything on Autosport.com yet about this year's Dakar Rally. Is it taking place? Any Rejects taking part there?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:I haven't seen anything on Autosport.com yet about this year's Dakar Rally. Is it taking place? Any Rejects taking part there?

Entry list:

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2013/us/ride ... html#ancre

I had a quick look at the cars and trucks and couldn't see any Rejects.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:I haven't seen anything on Autosport.com yet about this year's Dakar Rally. Is it taking place? Any Rejects taking part there?

Starts on Saturday. Not a reject in sight though! Unless of course you count WRC rejects, in which case René Kuipers is racing in the truck class. In an Iveco I think.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Gabriele Tarquini will continue in WTCC. I also expect lots of rejects at Le Mans.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Justin Wilson will compete in IndyCar

Sébastien Bourdais will compete in IndyCar

Scott Speed will compete in NASCAR Sprint Cup

Markus Winkelhock will compete in the World Touring Car Championship
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Jaime Alguesuari, Bruno Senna and Jerome d'Ambrosio are all rumoured to compete in DTM next year. Senna and d'Ambrosio tested for Mercedes, while the Alguesaurus is alledged to have tested for BMW, but like with anything in the DTM silly season, we haven't heard much from the officials about it. While I certainly don't like DTM to be flooded with former F1 drivers, especially rejects, it would be quite an epic sight to see rejects duking it out in one of the most bizarre racing series in Europe. :lol:
MIA SAN MIA!
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Max Papis will compete in the Rolex Sports Car Series
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Currently Jean-Louis Schlesser is leading the Africa Race, which is sort of 'the real Dakar Rally, except for its name'. Not a lot of participants however, so this should be another easy victory for Schlesser.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Alessandro Zanardi said in interviews he might try to race in Daytona (the 24) or Indy 500, but discarded full championship runs because he wants to be intended to take paralympic cyclinc as his 'love at first sight'
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

Starts on Saturday. Not a reject in sight though! Unless of course you count WRC rejects, in which case René Kuipers is racing in the truck class. In an Iveco I think.

Or the presence of Robby Gordon who in NASCAR ran his own reject quality racing team. It was the Merzario of NASCAR without Gordon getting hurt. And Kevin Conway being the Brancatelli/Colombo of the team.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Eddie Keizan drove a Pilbeam MP98 in a race at East London in South Africa. It was actually already on 16th December, but still this thread seemed most suitable.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
mario

Post by mario »

Faustus wrote:

Entry list:

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2013/us/ride ... html#ancre

I had a quick look at the cars and trucks and couldn't see any Rejects.

There has been a moment in the opening stages which is pretty rejectful, though, concerning Carlos Sainz - he'd initially taken the lead after the first stage, then been demoted to 11th after he decided to drive through a series of sand dunes that other drivers avoided and was ruled to have missed a waypoint marker.
The organisers have now admitted that, in fact, Sainz hadn't missed the waypoint marker after all and that it was their tracking equipment that was at fault - they've now had to correct Sainz's time by 21 minutes (the time he lost before the tracking software the organisers used logged Sainz's arrival at that waypoint), which means he, rather than Stephane Peterhansel, won that stage, with Sainz reinstated as leader and extending his lead out to just over five minutes. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105002
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Ferrarist wrote: in one of the most bizarre racing series in Europe. :lol:

how so?
-*:-
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Where there's GT/Endurance racing, there's usually a few F1 drivers racing. This weekend's Bathurst 12 hour is no exception. There's only one F1 Reject entered for the race, former Zakspeed driver Bernd Schnieder, in an Erebus Racing Mercedes SLS AMG. Other former F1 drivers in the race are Ivan Capelli (in the Trofeo Motorsports Corvette) and Mika Salo (in the Maranello Motorsport Ferrari 458).
This is a cool spot.
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Sospiri and Inoue in the same team :shock: , That'd be reject gold!!!
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Looking at the weekend results on the autosport website, I came across Ricardo Tosser winning in Catalunya in the Porsche GT3 Cup Brasil. Looking further into the series he won the championship in 2010 :shock:

Also WEC reject watch yesterday, Congratulations to Bruno Senna (he is technically a reject right?) winning first time out in the GTE Pro category in an Aston Martin! beating Kobayashi in the ferrari....
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

johnnyCarwash wrote:Looking at the weekend results on the autosport website, I came across Ricardo Tosser winning in Catalunya in the Porsche GT3 Cup Brasil. Looking further into the series he won the championship in 2010 :shock:

Also WEC reject watch yesterday, Congratulations to Bruno Senna (he is technically a reject right?) winning first time out in the GTE Pro category in an Aston Martin! beating Kobayashi in the ferrari....

Those Aston Martins have always seemed to be absolutely nowhere at Le Mans, so I'm really impressed. Congrats to Bruno, hopefully he can grab a P1 seat in a few years.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Interesting fact: The #2 Audi (LMP1 winner) had Allan McNish, the #25 Delta-ADR (LMP2 winner) had Antonio Pizzonia and Bruno Senna was in the winning car in GTE Pro. The GTE Am class had no former F1 drivers.
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

pi314159 wrote:Interesting fact: The #2 Audi (LMP1 winner) had Allan McNish, the #25 Delta-ADR (LMP2 winner) had Antonio Pizzonia and Bruno Senna was in the winning car in GTE Pro. The GTE Am class had no former F1 drivers.

I had missed one of the latest f1 drivers to get a reject profile, the jungle boy, from my F1 reject WEC win list :D

This weekend we see that, yet to be profiled, F1 reject Scott Speed has actually won a race :shock: in the Rallycross event at the Xgames in brazil, beating the likes of Pastrana, Block and Faust. Well done!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

johnnyCarwash wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Interesting fact: The #2 Audi (LMP1 winner) had Allan McNish, the #25 Delta-ADR (LMP2 winner) had Antonio Pizzonia and Bruno Senna was in the winning car in GTE Pro. The GTE Am class had no former F1 drivers.

I had missed one of the latest f1 drivers to get a reject profile, the jungle boy, from my F1 reject WEC win list :D

This weekend we see that, yet to be profiled, F1 reject Scott Speed has actually won a race :shock: in the Rallycross event at the Xgames in brazil, beating the likes of Pastrana, Block and Faust. Well done!

However, Block,Pastrana and Faust were all collected in a turn 1, lap 1 pileup that brought out the red flag on lap 4. Still,beating Toomas Heikkenen is no mean feat,especially for your first rallycross race,on a track that's 95% dirt to boot,and he was the only one to use the 'Joker' shortcut strategically instead of a neccesity,so good job to him.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Keeping up with the F1 rejects doing well in WEC, Gianmaria Bruni won GTE pro for Ferrari with Fisichella in front of the Aston Martin of Bruno Senna, Frédéric Makowiecki and Rob Bell with the other Ferrari of Kamui Kobayashi and Toni Villander finishing 3rd. Bruno Senna is leading the GT point standings :D , Le Mans should be a great battle in GT!

Jungle boy instead had a fairly large crash at Eau Rouge which he walked away from with no problems.

I'm putting a full list of Rejects in WEC ready for Le Mans (please correct if I've missed anyone out)

LMP1:
Audi - Lucas Di Grassi
Toyota - Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastian Buemi and Stephane Sarrazin

LMP2:
Delta ADR - Antonio Pizzonia
Lotus - Vitantonio Liuzzi

GTE Pro:
Ferrari - Gianmaria Bruni and Olivier Beretta (TBC)
Aston Martin - Bruno Senna and Pedro Lamy
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

johnnyCarwash wrote:Bruno Senna is leading the GT point standings :D

If his team-mate is Frédéric Makowiecki for the entire season, he sure won't end up champion. Every time I've seen him, he's spun or crashed into something. Fast but erratic.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Keirdre

Reject watch: Ex-Simtek Formula 1 man Domenico Schiattarella

Post by Keirdre »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109533

Former Simtek Formula 1 driver Domenico Schiattarella will complete the Superstars International Series season in a Solaris Chevrolet.

The 45-year-old Italian returned to the championship at Zolder in June after a three-year absence, finishing 11th and 10th in the two races.

Nice to see him achieving some poor finishes elsewhere too!
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Funnily enough, no rejects in Auto GP..but a halfway-reject there...Narain Karthikeyan...
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

One forgot to mention this, but Shinji Nakano was racing in P2 at Le Mans this year. Too bad the car broke in what I believe was the first safety car.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Reject watch: Ex-Simtek Formula 1 man Domenico Schiattar

Post by watka »

Keirdre wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109533

Former Simtek Formula 1 driver Domenico Schiattarella will complete the Superstars International Series season in a Solaris Chevrolet.

The 45-year-old Italian returned to the championship at Zolder in June after a three-year absence, finishing 11th and 10th in the two races.

Nice to see him achieving some poor finishes elsewhere too!

GO MIMMO!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, the Simtek fanboy in me couldn't resist screaming out.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

go_Rubens wrote:One forgot to mention this, but Shinji Nakano was racing in P2 at Le Mans this year. Too bad the car broke in what I believe was the first safety car.

Um ........ Intersting
Officially Retired