Project unracedF1.com

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
DemocalypseNow

Re: Project unracedF1.com

Post by DemocalypseNow »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Another question Stramala, are you going to code the site with responsive web/grid design?

Not sure yet. Perhaps.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Someone does have information about Failed Grandprix cars/attempts in the period of 1894 and 1920
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Julien

Post by Julien »

I know about a few, enjoy 8-) I know most of them form the 20s and 30s, but they are still awesome :D

So, there they comes:
1903 - Packard Grey Wolf. Awesome looking racing car, but I could dig up that it never entered a Grand Prix (possibly it participated in some other races though.

1904 - a car called Spyker, which wasw the first 4WD car. It never entered any race.

1910 - Stoddard-Dayton. Alongside ith several other cars this little fella was entered, but then not participated on the first "American Grand Prize" (that's right, not Grand Prix :P)

1922 - Autro-Daimler (Sachsa?). I'm not sure in this case. Here bellow you may find a revolutionary car designed by a certain Ferdinand Porsche, which participated in some races, but never entered a Grand Prix, as its entry was withdrawn from the 1922 ACP GP because of the death of its driver. I'm not sure though i it's the same car, or a different prototype of A-D. Image is here

1923 - Alfa Romeo P1 was the first GP car built by Alfa Romeo. Two cars entered the 1923 Monza GP with Alberto Ascari and Ugo Sivocci, but the latter suffered a fatal accident during the practice, and so the entry of the team was whitdrawn.

1926 - Sima Viloet, designed for being a GP car, but was 200 kg underweight. It had two strokes.

1934 - Mercedes-Benz W25 (or according to other sources W25B), a modified version of the W25 for beating speed and acceleration records. It never was entered to races.

1935 - Monaco Trossi, a car mounted with a radial aircraft-type engine.

1937-38 - Mercedes-Benz T90. It was definitely a car designed but never built. Some source mention that it was supposed to have six wheels, presumable four in the single rear axle.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Thanks a lot !
The story of the Mercedes-Benz T90 is great, if im correct they actually build a prototype, or at least they were bussy with it when the war started.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Julien, about the Alfa Romeo P1, I think you mean one of the drivers was Antonio Ascari, rather than Alberto, his son, who was only 5 at the time ;)
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

The Monaco Trossi looks great!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

When looking for more infor about Harri Toivonen's failed F1 contract, I stumbled across a snippet where a Finnish team project called Kansallis-Banking-Racing was mentioned. I did not find much info about it, except that the plan was to buy Tyrrell in around 1988 as the team was in financial troubles, and based on the project's name Kansallis-Osake-Pankki was heavily involved in it.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

@Julien the Driver that got killed from the Daimler was Gregor Kuhn.

Wow never heared about the Kansallis-Banking-Racing project.
Thanks alot gonna search for some moer info.
Kansallis-Osake-Pankki seems to be establish in 1989... was the Tyrrell buy up and publicity stunt ?
girry

Post by girry »

that Kansallis-Osake-Pankki buyout apparently was Keke Rosberg's project, he himself would have been the principal, with Ken staying in the team with some form of role too - probable drivers mentioned were Stefan Johansson and JJ Lehto. However the project didn't really take off since the funding didn't go through in KOP board. iirc.
when you're dead people start listening
Julien

Post by Julien »

I just realized: Technically the Coloni C3B, C3C and C4, and the Lola T97/30 are all unraced F1 cars, as they never qualified to a Grand Prix :D
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Julien wrote:I just realized: Technically the Coloni C3B, C3C and C4, and the Lola T97/30 are all unraced F1 cars, as they never qualified to a Grand Prix :D

That's territory for a certain website called www.f1rejects.com. A pretty good website is that!
There are lot of unraced cars like Life or Kauhsen but what these cars got in common is that they at least have tried to qualify in an official Grand Prix session.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

This wrote:That's territory for a certain website called http://www.f1rejects.com. A pretty good website is that!

I haven't heard of it, but it looks interesting, might check it out sometime later.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
This wrote:That's territory for a certain website called http://www.f1rejects.com. A pretty good website is that!

I haven't heard of it, but it looks interesting, might check it out sometime later.

I heard some wild rumour that they have this forum too, primarily used to worship some Hungarian racing driver.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Well my deffinition of unracedF1
Formula 1 is 1950 - now
Grandpirx 1880 till 1949

* Weak Rumours about a team to enter the Formula 1 / Grandprix
* Strong Rumours about a team to enter the formul a1 / Grandprix
* The existing of drwanings of F1 / GP cars
* The existing of unfinished F1 / GP Projects
* F1 / GP Cars that only have been tested
* F1 / GP cars that failed to start a race
* F1 / GP cars that never came though the qualifying
* F1 / GP cars that should appeared on a track but never did (as example Phoenix)
* Second life F1 / GP cars ( as example the Apollon)
* Experimental cars, that only have been driven during free practice or testing, though it should have a diffrent model number like the Mclaren M26E
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hi

I just stubled upon this site, which wasn't mentioned in this thread as far as I can see, which also has a nice list of unraced cars, maybe it helps

http://www.statsf1.com/en/test-car.aspx?alpha=
Julien

Post by Julien »

Ah, yes.... I spent a lot of time looking at the unraced designs collected on STATSF1. Too bad that there is next to nothing info about the cars other than the pictures :(

This link on the other hand.... I just found it :)
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Thanks i do know both sites.
I actually one of the authors of the forix list :)

I contacted yesterday the fia maybe they can help with providing information.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Anyone interested ?

Post by Aerond »

Faustus wrote:
Verde wrote:Does anyone know something about the team Alain Prost was rumoured to put up for the 1990 season? These rumours began in June or July 1989, when everybody knew Alain was fed up of McLaren and wanted to go elsewhere. I read in an old Brazilian magazine that he wanted to create a team with John Barnard as technical director, support from Peugeot, Air France and Apple Computers (!!) and Ivan Capelli as the sole driver. Prost himself said at that time he dreamed about having his own team, but this project vanished as he realized that would be really tough to start a team from scratch.

I remember this. It was a story blown out of proportion by Sport Auto in France based on a comment from Alain Prost. The magazine mocked up fictitious cars and used artistic license to use Peugeot, Air France and Apple as sponsors.

Well, Alain Prost never intended to build his own team from scratch and it trabslated into a first attempt to buy Ligier before the 1992 season, when he even tested the car.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Backmarker

Re: Anyone interested ?

Post by Backmarker »

Aerond wrote:
Faustus wrote:
Verde wrote:Does anyone know something about the team Alain Prost was rumoured to put up for the 1990 season? These rumours began in June or July 1989, when everybody knew Alain was fed up of McLaren and wanted to go elsewhere. I read in an old Brazilian magazine that he wanted to create a team with John Barnard as technical director, support from Peugeot, Air France and Apple Computers (!!) and Ivan Capelli as the sole driver. Prost himself said at that time he dreamed about having his own team, but this project vanished as he realized that would be really tough to start a team from scratch.

I remember this. It was a story blown out of proportion by Sport Auto in France based on a comment from Alain Prost. The magazine mocked up fictitious cars and used artistic license to use Peugeot, Air France and Apple as sponsors.

Well, Alain Prost never intended to build his own team from scratch and it trabslated into a first attempt to buy Ligier before the 1992 season, when he even tested the car.

In 1995-96 he wanted to build a team while he was a brand ambassador for Renault, but Renault refused to supply the engines and he left. And again, he wanted John Barnard to design the car, but Barnard was unavailable.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ever heard of Spice?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

First page of the site will be published probably in May or June.
But still im collection as much as info got lots of it from 1880 till 1920 now
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Nuppiz wrote:Ever heard of Spice?

We had a thread about this some years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122&hilit=spice
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I just finished reading 'Ken Tyrrell - The Authorised Biography' written by Maurice Hamilton (great book, by the way, and well worth reading). In the last chapter about the Tyrrell Racing Organisation, there was mention of an interesting story that I forgotten about. The following is a direct quote from the book:

'Others suggested Ecclestone had been behind another by the Austro-Canadian Walter Wolf to purchase the team for a price less than that which BAR had finally offered.'

Does anyone else remember this? British American Tobacco bought Tyrrell in November 1997, so it must have been around that time.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Yep im remember in that, in fact, im not sure these rumours where correct, there was also an dutch investment group that would buy Tyrrell so Verstappen could stay in the Formula 1.
But i don't have the source, i have had heared this rumour a couple of time.
Julien

Post by Julien »

They also negotiated for Minardi and Arrows, but neither team was for sale. Later however, I think it was the same investment group who organized the sponsorship so he could drive once again for Arrows (Lost, Boys, Orange and some minor sponsors)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Julien wrote:They also negotiated for Minardi and Arrows, but neither team was for sale. Later however, I think it was the same investment group who organized the sponsorship so he could drive once again for Arrows (Lost, Boys, Orange and some minor sponsors)

It's actually "Lost Boys" rather than two seperate entities. Run by Michiel Mol, who would of course go on to buy Midland...

The thing is, Mol didn't start backing Verstappen until 1999. So surely he can't have been involved in any discussions to purchase BAR? Yeah, his family fortune would have been big enough to do it, but the timeline doesn't fit.

Image Image
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Wrong, Lost Boys did have interest in the formula 1 long before BAR.
Mol his first contact with F1 was in 1999 but before they had interest
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

that forum f1-gast has just directed us to wrote:Please enter your username and password to log in.

...maybe I did see it, maybe I didn't, but as I have no idea what it was I have no way of knowing. Reveal all!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

dinizintheoven wrote:
that forum f1-gast has just directed us to wrote:Please enter your username and password to log in.

...maybe I did see it, maybe I didn't, but as I have no idea what it was I have no way of knowing. Reveal all!

midgrid

Post by midgrid »

If you navigate to the home page of that forum (it's a motorsport image board), you should be able to register and enter in (I did).
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

is the lotus 88 on there?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

roblomas52 wrote:is the lotus 88 on there?

It is in the list. How much data f1-gast has on it though I don't know.

When the site is launched this summer, there will probably be some profiles already up, but more coming after launch. Whether the Lotus 88 is up at the start or not, I don't really know.

Image Image
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Faustus wrote:I just finished reading 'Ken Tyrrell - The Authorised Biography' written by Maurice Hamilton (great book, by the way, and well worth reading). In the last chapter about the Tyrrell Racing Organisation, there was mention of an interesting story that I forgotten about. The following is a direct quote from the book:

'Others suggested Ecclestone had been behind another by the Austro-Canadian Walter Wolf to purchase the team for a price less than that which BAR had finally offered.'

Does anyone else remember this? British American Tobacco bought Tyrrell in November 1997, so it must have been around that time.

You're right about the time, but this is all I can find on grandprix.com:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns01114.html
The Iceman Waiteth
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:is the lotus 88 on there?

It is in the list. How much data f1-gast has on it though I don't know.

When the site is launched this summer, there will probably be some profiles already up, but more coming after launch. Whether the Lotus 88 is up at the start or not, I don't really know.

Sure that'd be a good thing. You don't want to have a site that's launched fully definitive and then sitting static. It'd be good to have updates and new profiles as you go to have some momentum.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

The first story will be probably Phoenix GP since im obsessed with this F1 team, "The Phoenix that died twice", probably there will be a "once in a lifetime" inerview with Nickerson, at least im trying to manage this with him, he don't want to talk about it, he says well the past is the past, this will be a personal interview so not through emails or socialmedia but face to face.

Second story will be probably the First189 i managed to collect many pics and information already about it.

Between feel free to write your own story if you want, or provide information if you want, the info is always welcome.
So do the story's its an open project :) not a 1 men project.

Last weeks i added about 50 more teams to the complete list, will update it later this evening or tomorrow and upload it.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

The Teams so far in the period of 1895 - 2013 (690)
https://mega.co.nz/#!f4xlgDob!cqwQSXlIs ... D1RKj1W5eY
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

When Honda pulled out in 1999 there were bids for their entry, one of which was from Robin Herd with Mike Earle, and possibly in connection with Prodrive? There was also a bid from David Hunt.
The Iceman Waiteth
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

For the honda project, im gonna ask Jos Verstappen if he would like to help me with writing the article about it, gonna try to speak to him at Zandvoort at the next racingweekend or by contacting him.

To be honnest i got a few teams/cars i want to do the story of, if someone else wants to do others i would be glad ! :)
Also lots of the cars are just as example F2004 with the V10 engine, so this is kinda easy to fill in. Or teams as Sosprini Grandprix that tried to take over the Lola cars in 1997.
The once im planing to do for now;
- 2002 Phoenix Grandprix
- 1999 Honda
- 1998 Eyckmans Grandprix
- 1995 DAMS GD-01
- 1994 Ikuzawa HW001
- 1993 March Ilmor CG991C
- 1989 First 189
- 1986 Ram Cosworth 04
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Ok i need some feedback, i finished the story about Eyckmans, can be downloaded here https://mega.co.nz/#!b15X1JyD!Clf4RQ8oO ... nSxRjfDwKI

is it oke ?
Should it write diffrent ?