Tony Trimmer

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Mig007

Tony Trimmer

Post by Mig007 »

Hi

Wouldn't be interesting to have a profile about Tony Trimmer? He was a very good driver, but plagued with some bad choices and those awful Maki's, then dominated Aurora F1, and put some good performances for his whole career, incuding witht he innovative Dome at le Mans
tzerof1

Re: Tony Trimmer

Post by tzerof1 »

Mig007 wrote:Hi

Wouldn't be interesting to have a profile about Tony Trimmer? He was a very good driver, but plagued with some bad choices and those awful Maki's, then dominated Aurora F1, and put some good performances for his whole career, incuding witht he innovative Dome at le Mans

That would be quite an interesting profile. Speaking of DOME, an article on their failed F1 team entry would be interesting as well...
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
Mig007

Post by Mig007 »

Yes. I am a motorsport historian, I'd like to contribute
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Mig007 wrote:Yes. I am a motorsport historian, I'd like to contribute

Hmm. I believe I'm correct in saying that Jamie and Enoch are the only ones that do profiles. But if you're really interested in contributing, you should definitely see about doing a piece on Tony for the "Submitted Articles" section on the main website. :)
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
Mig007

Post by Mig007 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I also think that some updates can be made to the existing ones
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Welcome to the forum Mig007. And I'm sure that Jamie and Enoch would appreciate the help in research, and I would enjoy reading any updates that were made to the existing articles!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Mig007

Post by Mig007 »

Thanks!! I hope to. I want to learn with more experienced people, because I have several ideas
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Mig007 wrote:Thanks!! I hope to. I want to learn with more experienced people, because I have several ideas

Can't wait to see your ideas :). And here's a thread on Maki you might be interested in http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4292
Mig007

Post by Mig007 »

Thanks. That's really interesting. I will present them someday, now I am just organizing my contacts and other stuff
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

tzerof1 wrote:
Mig007 wrote:Yes. I am a motorsport historian, I'd like to contribute

Hmm. I believe I'm correct in saying that Jamie and Enoch are the only ones that do profiles. But if you're really interested in contributing, you should definitely see about doing a piece on Tony for the "Submitted Articles" section on the main website. :)

Not exactly...Mario wrote the Aston Martin profile, and I believe Mischa Bijenhof did a few as well...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

tommykl wrote:Not exactly...Mario wrote the Aston Martin profile, and I believe Mischa Bijenhof did a few as well...

Well in that case, I stand corrected and thank you kind sir for informing me :)
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Mig007 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I also think that some updates can be made to the existing ones

Yeah. Ricardo Rosset returning from retirement in 2008 to finish 2nd in the Brazilian GT3 Championship, scoring 4 wins. He'd go on to win the 2010 Porsche GT3 Cup Brasil title on his first year trying. http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/ricardo-rosset/
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Firstly, on the topic of updating existing profiles. Yes, I recognise that some were last touched up to ten years ago (and read like it as well). But after valiantly trying to keep up with the careers of those drivers who remained active (let alone do anything about updating profiles) we decided that it was an impossible task. We'd rather produce new material than spend all our (little) available time tracking the careers of existing profiled drivers. That's also part of the rationale behind the JDD forum - if certain drivers are having interesting post-profile careers, it can be discussed and noted on the forum.

Secondly, as for others doing profiles, I am happy for people to do so, although I would be grateful if people let me know in advance they are working on something. The only two provisos which contributors should be aware of is that: (a) it may take a long time between when a profile is submitted and when I get around to editing and uploading it, and (b) I may end up editing any profile - even quite heavily - for stylistic purposes. Profiles that were originally written by someone other than myself tend to be attributed accordingly on the site.

Thirdly, if anyone does have contacts that could lead to interviews with drivers we are profiling, Jamie and I would be interested to know. We would like to incorporate more interviews with profiles in the future, now that we are moving back in that direction instead of doing regular race reviews.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

About profiles, if not anything else I would like to see the summary page updated maybe once in a year.
Mig007

Post by Mig007 »

eytl wrote:Firstly, on the topic of updating existing profiles. Yes, I recognise that some were last touched up to ten years ago (and read like it as well). But after valiantly trying to keep up with the careers of those drivers who remained active (let alone do anything about updating profiles) we decided that it was an impossible task. We'd rather produce new material than spend all our (little) available time tracking the careers of existing profiled drivers. That's also part of the rationale behind the JDD forum - if certain drivers are having interesting post-profile careers, it can be discussed and noted on the forum.

Secondly, as for others doing profiles, I am happy for people to do so, although I would be grateful if people let me know in advance they are working on something. The only two provisos which contributors should be aware of is that: (a) it may take a long time between when a profile is submitted and when I get around to editing and uploading it, and (b) I may end up editing any profile - even quite heavily - for stylistic purposes. Profiles that were originally written by someone other than myself tend to be attributed accordingly on the site.

Thirdly, if anyone does have contacts that could lead to interviews with drivers we are profiling, Jamie and I would be interested to know. We would like to incorporate more interviews with profiles in the future, now that we are moving back in that direction instead of doing regular race reviews.

Hi, have you recieved my message?
Wilton55

Post by Wilton55 »

Well His best result was at the rain-soaked 1978 non-championship BRDC international trophy at Silverstone when he finished third against serious F1 competition. In the same year he won the British Aurora F1 Championship. He now works as a motorsport consultant. :o
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The Aurora champ really deserves a profile. In fact, the whole Aurora series would deserve a tribute on the web. Or maybe, there already is one? Tony Trimmer is the Buddy Lazier of F1.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Yannick wrote:The Aurora champ really deserves a profile. In fact, the whole Aurora series would deserve a tribute on the web. Or maybe, there already is one? Tony Trimmer is the Buddy Lazier of F1.

There is a new really good group on Facebook, with lots of personal photos of the Aurora championship. Some of the drivers are there, contributing their photos as well as talking about it.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.