The Kidnapping of Giovanna Amati

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
LucaPacchiarini

The Kidnapping of Giovanna Amati

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

Look at this amazing article I found in an old newspaper...

I translate it:

AN ITALIAN GANGSTER STORY

Rome-24th May 1978

The love story between Giovanna Amati (in the photo on the right), the daughter of the roman "King of the cinema halls" and his kidnapper, the marseillese Daniel Nieto, ends in Via Veneto.

The girl was kidnapped in february and then freed by the carabinieri at the end of april, but Giovanna couldn't help but follow the desire of her heart: after phone calls and red roses she eventually met his kidnapper in Via Veneto.
The carabinieri, who were controlling their phones, arrested Nieto after a quarrel, while Giovanna was trying to defend him.

Above, a photo of Nieto after having been arrested: he will be condemned to four years and half in prison, Giovanna has been denounced by the carabinieri for offence.

ummm...interesting.... how do they call it? Stockholm syndrome, isn't it?
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
Debaser

Re: The Kidnapping of Giovanna Amati

Post by Debaser »

Sounds like something from The Bill or from a low budget detective-film, that's a bizarre and tangled tale you've sprung upon us there.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Well, it says on her bio on F1 Rejects that Giovanna was kidnapped and after a quick look on Italian Wikipedia, it seems that this story is indeed about the Giovanna Amati. Translation from Italian Wikipedia:
Beloved daughter of John and of actress Anna Maria Pancani, had a rather eventful youth. On February 12, 1978 she was abducted by a gang of Marseilles in order to obtain a high ransom from her father, in those days a wealthy owner of several theaters in Rome. After his release, many newspapers published the news of a strong emotional relationship with Joan ringleader of the kidnappers, that Daniel Nieto, was arrested by police during a close encounter with the former kidnapped. Nieto was sentenced to 18 years in prison in 1980 and in 1989 managed to escape while he was on leave Prize and was a fugitive until April 2010 [1].

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1891&dat=19780527&id=YqcfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TtYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2524,4257920
Link to a newspaper article about the kidnapping.

Stockholm Syndrome indeed! I'm still a Lella Lombardi fan!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

But giovanna's rejectfulness gave Damon hill his debut - that makes me a giovanna fan... :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

She was weird.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

She is still a weird one.
WRote a story a while ago it looked she is insane in her head.

But i can understand it that she was kidnapped what a hotty in that days
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

What a strange story. Never mind, could be worse.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

On this photo from 1978, she doesn't look much different from in 1992. I guess that's a compliment to her. o__o

(also, when I first read this, I thought for a second that 'rapita' meant raped -__-)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
val

Post by val »

Bonjour. J'ai pu voir mon ami à la prison aujourd'hui, je lui ai fais par de mes recherches sur internet. Je vous remerice à l'avance de ce que vous pourrez trouver pour nous aider. Comme dit quelqu'un si Giovanna regarde les forums se serait super. Encore Merci à vous.
Last edited by val on 22 Jul 2010, 16:10, edited 3 times in total.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

val wrote:Hello, I am the partner of Daniel Nieto who kidnapped Giovanna Amati in 1973. This one is in prison of then in April, 2010. This affair(business) dates of he(it) ya more than 40 it. I would like I could return contacts it with Giovanna to ask for his(her,its) forgiveness. I recognize that it is an affair(business) which painful and traumatizing of the being in the time(period) for her. I would like to find as quickly as possible my companion(journeyman). Daniel is a 63-year-old man and has nothing to do with the man of this time(period). We are a couple very close(plain), I am very tried(felt) by his(her,its) arrest. We were creating our company of preparation(clothing business) of decoration of the house. I wish to find him(it) as quickly as possible. This one also having big problems heart patient. Thank you for your help(assistant)

Hello. This seems to come from an internet translation service and I really can't understand what is being said...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
coops

Post by coops »

When I read it the voice I heard was Flavio Bratore!
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
LucaPacchiarini

val wrote:OUi je suis Française et me sert d'un traducteur. pas évident
Hello, I am the partner of Daniel Nieto who kidnapped Giovanna Amati in 1973. This one is in prison of then in April, 2010. This affair(business) dates of he(it) ya more than 40 it. I would like I could return contacts it with Giovanna to ask for his(her,its) forgiveness. I recognize that it is an affair(business) which painful and traumatizing of the being in the time(period) for her. I would like to find as quickly as possible my companion(journeyman). Daniel is a 63-year-old man and has nothing to do with the man of this time(period). We are a couple very close(plain), I am very tried(felt) by his(her,its) arrest. We were creating our company of preparation(clothing business) of decoration of the house. I wish to find him(it) as quickly as possible. This one also having big problems heart patient. Thank you for your help(assistant)

wow, just wow

Dear Val, I understand what you mean, but would you say it in french? then a french member can translate it in better english, so I can understand better :)

We'll try to do our best then

merci :)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I could translate.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Lads, Val did write. I urge you to remember this is the Internet - even if I personally feel sad with the problem.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

val wrote:OUi je suis Française et me sert d'un traducteur. pas évident
Hello, I am the partner of Daniel Nieto who kidnapped Giovanna Amati in 1973. This one is in prison of then in April, 2010. This affair(business) dates of he(it) ya more than 40 it. I would like I could return contacts it with Giovanna to ask for his(her,its) forgiveness. I recognize that it is an affair(business) which painful and traumatizing of the being in the time(period) for her. I would like to find as quickly as possible my companion(journeyman). Daniel is a 63-year-old man and has nothing to do with the man of this time(period). We are a couple very close(plain), I am very tried(felt) by his(her,its) arrest. We were creating our company of preparation(clothing business) of decoration of the house. I wish to find him(it) as quickly as possible. This one also having big problems heart patient. Thank you for your help(assistant)

"My parter is Daniel Nieto, who kidnapped Giovanna Amati in 1973. Since April 2010, he has been in prison. The kidnapping happened nearly 40 years ago. I would like to contact Giovanna to ask her for forgiveness. I realise that the memory of the kidnapping is painful and traumatising for her, but I would like to find her as quickly as possible. Daniel is 63 years old, and is completely changed from the kidnapper of 1973. We are a very close couple, and I feel very down about his arrest. We had been creating a house decoration business, but he now also has heart problems. Thanks for your help."

Something like that? I doubt any of us around here can do anything unfortunately if I've caught the gist.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

shinji wrote:"My parter is Daniel Nieto, who kidnapped Giovanna Amati in 1973.

*stops reading because me thinks this is fake* :cry:
LucaPacchiarini

what shall we do?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:what shall we do?

Personally, I've replied saying I'm sorry. We, as a community, are just a bunch of F1 freaks, I'm afraid. At the peril of sounding like a heartless bastard, we have no way to assess whether this is true, what or who is behind the message, or what the intentions are.

Besides, I personally doubt either of us would have any information on Ms Amati that isn't publicly available, one way or another.

I am afraid "we" can't do anything. The PM system is there anyway, should anyone be inclined to obtain further information on this. I do request anyone doing so to please keep it out of the public forum.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

val wrote:bonsoir, ce n'est pas un faux message. Je suis la compagne de Daniel Nieto qui en 1973 a kidnapé Giovanna amati. Il a purgé 10 ans de prison et lors d'une permission n'est pas retourner à la prison. Maintenant il a 63 ans et a été de nouveau arrêté à Gênes, regardez sur internet en tapant "Arrestato Daniel Nieto Genova". Je souhaite juste pouvoir écrire à Mme giovanna Amati pour lui demander son pardon bien que cette affaire était douloureuse à l'époque. Je souhaite de tout coeur et au plus vite retrouvé la vie tranquille que je passais avec Daniel. Cette affaire date de plus de 30 ans. Je vous remercie si vous aviez un moyen de m'aider. Ceci n'est pas un faux

Val's message has been edited to the above in French and I shall attempt a translation into English with the use of a dictionary (it's normally easier to translate into one's mother tongue as the target language can then sound more natural)(This is also my first translation from French since I graduated in French from uni 5 years ago...).

val wrote:Good evening, this is not a fake message. I am the companion (dictionary translation - dictionary also says companion/mate) of Daniel Nieto who kidnapped Giovanna Amati in 1973. He served 10 years in prison and did not return while on leave from prison (could a Francophone check that translation?). Now he is 63 years old and has been arrested again in Gênes - look on the internet, type in "Arrestato Daniel Nieto Genova" (arrest of Daniel Nieto Genova). I simply wish I could write to Mrs Giovanna Amati to ask for her forgiveness as this business was painful at the time. I wish with all my heart to quickly rediscover the peaceful life that I have spent with Daniel. This business goes back over 30 years. I would thank you if there was a way you could help me. This is not spam.

I hope I have done this justice - it is similar to what was posted before.

EDIT: I did the Google search on google.fr and found this: http://www.francesoir.fr/le-gentleman-t ... n-tatouage
Tried Google.co.uk first and the only relevant search results was this thread...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Waris

Post by Waris »

Gee, this is... weird... but then, if this person can read the forums, maybe Giovanna Amati can, too...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but by reading the article posted by Tristan about the kidnapping I noticed that Amati was 19 when she was kidnapped, so she would be born in 1959.
I always thought that she was born in 1962 (that's what I've always read on every Amati's biography since today - I've just checked on English wikipedia and Italian wikipedia, the both were updated one month ago) and actually some websites say that she was born in 1962. Here's one: http://www.in.com/giovanna-amati/profile-106455.html

What about the wrong birth date? Where comes it out?
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Sorry for posting in an old thread, but by reading the article posted by Tristan about the kidnapping I noticed that Amati was 19 when she was kidnapped, so she would be born in 1959.
I always thought that she was born in 1962 (that's what I've always read on every Amati's biography since today - I've just checked on English wikipedia and Italian wikipedia, the both were updated one month ago) and actually some websites say that she was born in 1962. Here's one: http://www.in.com/giovanna-amati/profile-106455.html

What about the wrong birth date? Where comes it out?

Well, a lot of sportspeople lie about their birthdate. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time a woman lied about her age to pretend to be younger! ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
girry

Post by girry »

I distinctly remember that Giovanna lied about her age to get access to some low level motorbike competitions?
when you're dead people start listening
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

giraurd wrote:I distinctly remember that Giovanna lied about her age to get access to some low level motorbike competitions?

I never heard about it before. Thanks for the information. :-)
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine