Video - Giovanna Amati in F-1

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
S921

Video - Giovanna Amati in F-1

Post by S921 »

Hi guys,

my name is Pedro and this is my first post here on this forum (the site itself I know and I read since the end of 2002). And I'll start my participation here with a special contribuition. I was able to found some interesting, and rare, footage of Giovanna Amati in the South African GP '92. In the video you will see an interview and some action from her.

I hope that you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJ4oIVtXvY
"The car was a recklessness. Andrea team mechanics came in and out the circuit aboard a van seeking workshops that could yield parts or looking for spares, like a cable, a valve or a spring." - Flavio Gomes about Andrea Moda
AdrianSutil

Re: Video - Giovanna Amati in F-1

Post by AdrianSutil »

Thanks for the video! And welcome :)
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Could anybody transcribe and translate that interview please? It looks facinating but I barely understood any of it!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:Could anybody transcribe and translate that interview please? It looks facinating but I barely understood any of it!

I did a year and a half of Italian at school and yet I understood none of that :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

To be honest, I did hear the word 'pista' being mentioned, which means '(race) track', but anybody could have guessed that word would be in the interview if they were aware of that word...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Superb S921! Welcome and thank you for posting this!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
S921

Post by S921 »

AdrianSutil wrote:Thanks for the video! And welcome :)

Faustus wrote:Superb S921! Welcome and thank you for posting this!

Thank you, guys, you're welcome! Glad that you have enjoyed of the video. =)
"The car was a recklessness. Andrea team mechanics came in and out the circuit aboard a van seeking workshops that could yield parts or looking for spares, like a cable, a valve or a spring." - Flavio Gomes about Andrea Moda
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Welcome! I see you posted a Raiuno (Rai Uno) interview. Damn it, I don't know Italian.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

I'll try a quick translation later if you want.

Shizuka wrote:Welcome! I see you posted a Raiuno (Rai Uno) interview. Damn it, I don't know Italian.

It is Italia Uno, actually the second most important network of Berlusconi's television empire, which broadcast half of the races in that 1992 and later in 1993 and 1994; the remaining part of races was instead bought and aired by RaiUno. ;)
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Thanks! That 1 tricked me, I seriously thought it's Rai.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

So here we are.

Andrea de Adamich: "...yes and we are at the beginning of the official Qualifying session, but Patricia is in the pit with someone."

Patricia Pilchard, Italia Uno's pits reporter: "Yes, I am chasing Giovanna Amati we have held here for a while... and let me say that she actually had only 24 hours to fit in Formula One's world, in her car and in the Kyalami track, and she have not spent much time on the track in these two days. Do you feel quiet the same?"

Giovanna Amati: "Well, yes, I'm quiet, I mean... I'm trying to qualify, it's not easy. As you were saying it's the first time I've stepped up in the car and on a track I don't know at all. It's very hard, very hard, because I don't manage to understand fully car's reactions. Anyway there are still this afternoon and another session tomorrow, and in reality I've completed 8 laps overall since this morning."

Patricia Pilchard: "Did the traffic bother you on the track, or do you think the traffic will bother you much in this hour of session?"

Giovanna Amati: "No, I don't think so... also because most of the drivers is quicker than me now, so perhaps it's more likely I'll cause myself traffic than me to find it. However, I mean... I'm trying at my best, it won't be easy."

Patricia Pilchard: "Thank you."
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
S921

Post by S921 »

Jack O Melley wrote:So here we are.

Andrea de Adamich: "...yes and we are at the beginning of the official Qualifying session, but Patricia is in the pit with someone."

Patricia Pilchard, Italia Uno's pits reporter: "Yes, I am chasing Giovanna Amati we have held here for a while... and let me say that she actually had only 24 hours to fit in Formula One's world, in her car and in the Kyalami track, and she have not spent much time on the track in these two days. Do you feel quiet the same?"

Giovanna Amati: "Well, yes, I'm quiet, I mean... I'm trying to qualify, it's not easy. As you were saying it's the first time I've stepped up in the car and on a track I don't know at all. It's very hard, very hard, because I don't manage to understand fully car's reactions. Anyway there are still this afternoon and another session tomorrow, and in reality I've completed 8 laps overall since this morning."

Patricia Pilchard: "Did the traffic bother you on the track, or do you think the traffic will bother you much in this hour of session?"

Giovanna Amati: "No, I don't think so... also because most of the drivers is quicker than me now, so perhaps it's more likely I'll cause myself traffic than me to find it. However, I mean... I'm trying at my best, it won't be easy."

Oh, grazie a mille per la traduzione, amici! =)

I tried to transcribe something, it's relatively easy to a native in portuguese language understand something of the italian language only listening it, but how my skills in the language are poor I decided to not to "run" and then, with this, I got a "DNS" in the end. xD
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

S921 wrote:Hi guys,

my name is Pedro and this is my first post here on this forum (the site itself I know and I read since the end of 2002). And I'll start my participation here with a special contribuition. I was able to found some interesting, and rare, footage of Giovanna Amati in the South African GP '92. In the video you will see an interview and some action from her.

I hope that you like it!

Good find. Username may cause some confusion with S951?
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

Imagine what kind of a media frenzy a female in F1 would cause today, even if she would've raced for HRT.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Mister Fungus wrote:Imagine what kind of a media frenzy a female in F1 would cause today, even if she would've raced for HRT.

Someone would probably hack her 'phone or accuse her of knowing Max a bit too well.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
S951

Post by S951 »

welcome! my older brother :lol:
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
S921

Post by S921 »

eagleash wrote:
S921 wrote:Hi guys,

I hope that you like it!

Good find. Username may cause some confusion with S951?

I don't blame myself to love too much the Moda's car. xD

S951 wrote:welcome! my older brother :lol:

Thanks, my little bro! Nice to see you here seeking knowledge! =P :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Thank you!

Mister Fungus wrote:Imagine what kind of a media frenzy a female in F1 would cause today, even if she would've raced for HRT.

It's been discussed elsewhere before, and probably won't happen, but if HRT want another Spanish driver, there is Maria de Villota. Or for a Latina, milk and doughnuts herself, Milka Duno!
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Of course dr-baker wants a girl in f1 :P
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eurobrun wrote:Of course dr-baker wants a girl in f1 :P

Of course I do. Who doesn't?

(When I was at boarding school, I got criticised for having F1 drivers on my wall, enen though others would then have footballers on their walls. The cars they didn't seem to mind. Now if only I could have stuck a female driver up...)
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:

It will have 20 years in a few months since Giovanna last attempted to qualify that concrete block of a Brabham. A whole 2 decades will have passed with no female drivers competing in F1. Which is why I DEMAND that HRT take on Maria De Villota for 2012!
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

It will have 20 years in a few months since Giovanna last attempted to qualify that concrete block of a Brabham. A whole 2 decades will have passed with no female drivers competing in F1. Which is why I DEMAND that HRT take on Maria De Villota for 2012!

And that is a record for no female racers in the series, I do believe! Forget Luca Badoer for HRT, I too DEMAND Maria de Villota!
MCard LOLA
S951

Post by S951 »

time to change the group name then ;)
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
karsten

Post by karsten »

Almost perfect translation, but it's calm not quiet.

later on the vid they're talking how giovanna was a combatctive driver that gave rounds to many other f1 rookies in F3000...
Missing the good old Minardi! T_T