Another wiki!

Archive for the three above subforums
AndreaModa

Re: Another wiki!

Post by AndreaModa »

As promised Phoenix! Let me know what you think. If you think it's a piece of garbage, tell me, my thinking behind it was 'Aero' meaning air, so I went for a light-ish sky blue and an airy, simple, light logo.

I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

It's excellent! It looks so scientifical :D Thank you, man, I owe you! ;)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

if anyone can tell me how to link all my lotus-teams to the RonDenRacingEngineering page...

edit, ow i see you've already done that
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Riiiiight. The Aeroracing Engineering wiki page has been created, but I have a problem. Since I'm a noob with Wikis, I could only do the bare basics right. Can anyone teach me how to make the page more elegant, please? With this I mean adding new sections in the future, adding images (particularly the logo AndreaModa kindly made for me) and tables with the team's future results.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:Riiiiight. The Aeroracing Engineering wiki page has been created, but I have a problem. Since I'm a noob with Wikis, I could only do the bare basics right. Can anyone teach me how to make the page more elegant, please? With this I mean adding new sections in the future, adding images (particularly the logo AndreaModa kindly made for me) and tables with the team's future results.

New sections are created by enclosing the section header in a pair of "==". i.e. if you wanted a heading about history you would write ==History== folowed by the stuff you wanted in that section. ===History=== would create a level three headline, i.e. one size down from the normal section headers.

There's an infobox template you can copy/paste into the very top of your page (the thing in the top right of this page) with all your data & team logo. If you haven't figured it out or someone else hasn't already done later I suppose I could do that.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks! Work in progress, but how do I make the image with the logo AndreaModa has left me a .png archive? Sorry, I'm really a very average user :lol:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Right sunshine, that's the logo sorted for you and the infobox tidied up a bit! The results tables I didn't bother with seeing as there's no results to go in them yet, and Kostas has rather handily summarised how to put in titles and headers.

The best way to learn how to use and edit a wiki is to select a page, click 'edit' and see how it's done from there. You can practice a bit with the preview button and make sure everything is looking how you want it before finally hitting the save button! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:The best way to learn how to use and edit a wiki is to select a page, click 'edit' and see how it's done from there. You can practice a bit with the preview button and make sure everything is looking how you want it before finally hitting the save button! :)

Or, if you're like me, you can hit save 2 million times and annoy the living daylights out of TMLW as a result :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

AndreaModa wrote:Right sunshine, that's the logo sorted for you and the infobox tidied up a bit! The results tables I didn't bother with seeing as there's no results to go in them yet, and Kostas has rather handily summarised how to put in titles and headers.

The best way to learn how to use and edit a wiki is to select a page, click 'edit' and see how it's done from there. You can practice a bit with the preview button and make sure everything is looking how you want it before finally hitting the save button! :)

Oh my, I can't believe I made my main virtual driver become your enemy! I promise that from now on I'll do everything myself, thank you! ;) And remember that I'm a moderator, so if Kay Lon or Barii Mori still insist on annoying you, just tell me :P
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Last night, I (finally) updated the 2014 F1RMGP WEC wiki page. I am now going to have a stab at the drivers and teams lists, following the template of those for F1RWRS...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Things to do on the wiki.

Feel free to drop by and help out every once in a while. :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:Things to do on the wiki.

Feel free to drop by and help out every once in a while. :D

And it doesn't have to be much, just a date of birth for a driver, or a little bit of background you thought of, just add it in, don't worry about the code and formatting, there's plenty of us who can tidy it up for you! The wiki is really starting to come on well now, but that doesn't mean we don't need help any more! Any contribution by anyone is more than welcome! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

The 2012 SRL page has been created - you can help! Please do, because it's a mere placeholder at this time. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

If I get time tomorrow, I'll profile my drivers on the wiki.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Someone should sticky this topic
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I just have some doubts recently - for whatever reason I consider the Dan Webber pages here a spammy thing, since it's not a fictional driver here, but a amateur, real-life driver. Does anyone agree? :? :|
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

FMecha wrote:I just have some doubts recently - for whatever reason I consider the Dan Webber pages here a spammy thing, since it's not a fictional driver here, but a amateur, real-life driver. Does anyone agree? :? :|

I myself have my reservations about the Dan Webber page but I'll leave it there for now. If we have to, TMLW can just use the guy as Hamilton's replacement for next year in the F2RWRS :lol:
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wizzie wrote:
FMecha wrote:I just have some doubts recently - for whatever reason I consider the Dan Webber pages here a spammy thing, since it's not a fictional driver here, but a amateur, real-life driver. Does anyone agree? :? :|

I myself have my reservations about the Dan Webber page but I'll leave it there for now. If we have to, TMLW can just use the guy as Hamilton's replacement for next year in the F2RWRS :lol:

I suppose someone has decided to use the wiki as a place to post their own racing fantasies. I don't know if this is to be encouraged or discouraged. :|
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tristan1117 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I suppose someone has decided to use the wiki as a place to post their own racing fantasies. I don't know if this is to be encouraged or discouraged. :|

Right now, I'm merely tolerating it but I'll let the wiki's overlord Mr De Bock decide the ultimate fate of the article.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wait, is Dan Webber a real person?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tristan1117 wrote:Wait, is Dan Webber a real person?

Bathplugging beats me :lol:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Wizzie wrote:Right now, I'm merely tolerating it but I'll let the wiki's overlord Mr De Bock decide the ultimate fate of the article.

Well, it's certainly not harming the wiki, but I'll try to ask the guy where he's coming from with this Dan Webber guy, and I'll decide the article's fate based on his answer.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tommykl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Right now, I'm merely tolerating it but I'll let the wiki's overlord Mr De Bock decide the ultimate fate of the article.

Well, it's certainly not harming the wiki, but I'll try to ask the guy where he's coming from with this Dan Webber guy, and I'll decide the article's fate based on his answer.

Danwebber91's contributions is only one edit of that page dated March 3; all other edits are anons. :geek:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I decided I should actually do something worthwhile on the wiki, so I've started to lengthen or delete the shortest pages, starting with the Big Car Championship, which was completely blank for the 2014 season. It is now complete. http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/2014_Formula_One_Rejects_Big_Car_Championship
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Little known 'fact'. This Dan Webber guy started karting at exactly the same age as a certain Australian driver that cannot get a good race start for shite :lol:

Which reminds me, could someone do the pages for my virtual drivers, as I literally have no time spare. I'll post some background info on this thread later :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

East Londoner wrote:Little known 'fact'. This Dan Webber guy started karting at exactly the same age as a certain Australian driver that cannot get a good race start for shite :lol:

Which reminds me, could someone do the pages for my virtual drivers, as I literally have no time spare. I'll post some background info on this thread later :|

I'd be more than happy to do that! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Right then...

Damon Cannon was born in February 1976, and has competed in the F1CC, F1RWRS with CR Motorsport, Precision (only in testing) and SOTL, and a one-off spot in the REECCS. 1995 F3000 runner-up and 1996 champion

Poppy Whitechapel was born in October 1978, and has competed in the F1CC and F1RWRS. 1998 F3000 champion

Richie White was born in January 1983, and has competed in the F1RWRS with Group Lotus and SOTL, and the REECCS.

Florence Briggs was born in May 1992, and has competed in the Group Lotus championship.

Richie White and Florence Briggs also exist in another alternate universe (for SuperAguri's championship). In this, Richie was born in 1969, and Florence was born in 1973 and was the 1993 British F3 champion.

(The problems of using the same drivers in different series... :oops: :? )
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I suppose I should also get the relevant F1RMGP pages into shape now that the 2014 season is over. It seems that as the series progresses, there's more to do...

...though I have added a couple of relevant personalities to the series' main page.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Superb East Londoner, that's ideal. Here are the pages I've just done now (although Whitechapel's had already been created).

I also took some liberty with actual birth dates and locations, I hope that's okay!

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Damon_Cannon

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Richie_White

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Poppy_Whitechapel

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Florence_Briggs

Both Cannon and White will get infoboxes and results tables soon, there needs to be a retired racing driver infobox created first, so I might get that done tomorrow! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

How do you make the tables showing wikipedia-style race results? I've noticed the more computer-friendly members have them for their respective drivers/teams.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:How do you make the tables showing wikipedia-style race results? I've noticed the more computer-friendly members have them for their respective drivers/teams.

I'm assuming it's for the MA Racing page correct?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:How do you make the tables showing wikipedia-style race results? I've noticed the more computer-friendly members have them for their respective drivers/teams.

Yeah, the RWRS is the only one I'm properly competing in. I want tables for all three series though and be able to edit them myself.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Yeah, the RWRS is the only one I'm properly competing in. I want tables for all three series though and be able to edit them myself.

I usually copy a suitable table from some other page, then just edit my own stats in.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

East Londoner wrote:Right then...

Damon Cannon was born in February 1976, and has competed in the F1CC, F1RWRS with CR Motorsport, Precision (only in testing) and SOTL, and a one-off spot in the REECCS. 1995 F3000 runner-up and 1996 champion

Poppy Whitechapel was born in October 1978, and has competed in the F1CC and F1RWRS. 1998 F3000 champion

Cannon and Whitechapel are both in the F1RGP2C so a retcon may be needed.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tristan1117 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Right then...

Cannon and Whitechapel are both in the F1RGP2C so a retcon may be needed.

Fortunately I managed to craft Takagi's racing career in 90's correctly to avoid retcon. :)

By contrast, shall I consider the Manns and Fleet in F1RGP2C 'time travellers'? :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FMecha wrote:By contrast, shall I consider the Manns and Fleet in F1RGP2C 'time travellers'? :lol:

Of course! You could have it explained by the sudden appearance of the mysterious Martin McFry with his sponsorship with the DeLorean Motor Company (in production only between 1980 and 1982) and Dr Emmett L Brown Enterprises. This also explains the sponsorship on Ben Fleet's REECS (or whatever the acronym was!) for his single season in the championship...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

dr-baker wrote:
FMecha wrote:By contrast, shall I consider the Manns and Fleet in F1RGP2C 'time travellers'? :lol:

Of course! You could have it explained by the sudden appearance of the mysterious Martin McFry with his sponsorship with the DeLorean Motor Company (in production only between 1980 and 1982) and Dr Emmett L Brown Enterprises. This also explains the sponsorship on Ben Fleet's REECS (or whatever the acronym was!) for his single season in the championship...

The president of the F1RGP2C (Tristan Jung, if anyone was wondering) is also a time traveler.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose won the 1997 F1 Challenge Season at the age of 12. Go figure :lol:
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/2014 ... ies_season

This is a test for next season, to be an aid in determining what drivers to use. If anyone can add dates, go ahead, and maybe the RoLFS can be added too.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/2014_Reject_World_Race_Series_season

This is a test for next season, to be an aid in determining what drivers to use. If anyone can add dates, go ahead, and maybe the RoLFS can be added too.

I decided to make myself useful for once and add the dates in. I must say it's a pretty nifty piece of kit.