Another wiki!

Archive for the three above subforums
dinizintheoven

Re: Another wiki!

Post by dinizintheoven »

Consider it done. I'll add in placeholders for the Scuderia Andrea Coloni and ATS Rial teams as well while I'm at it, because they're going to need their own pages.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

More Wiki pages are finished (or at least up to date)! These are for the utterly brilliant Viking Racing, the slightly successful Scuderia Andrea Coloni and the rather hopeless ATS Rial. I also need to make a page for the F1 Rejects F1RMGP team, but - has there been an F1Rejects team in any other series on this board? If so, should I make a specific page for the F1RMGP team, or should there be one huge page for all the F1 Rejects teams (if there are others)?
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Right! That's the Wiki Main Page given a thorough going over! Drivers, teams etc. are now arranged alphabetically and tabulated in the way I think is most sensible - derived from the previous layout. The grid with the online/offling gaming championships (F1RWRS, F1RMGP etc.) is arranged by decade; I've used the "Alternate F1 history - we recreate reality!" threads as placeholders - I've put in the 1950 thread, but also those from 1951-1959 that don't exist yet, but it appears that they might. It's tabulated so that every year ending with the same digit is in the same column. If there are any other championships that could be put in that table, I really don't care how old they are - put them in! That way, eventually, there should be no need for those placeholders. The red link for the 2014 F1RMGP season is staying, though, because I assure you all that will go ahead - let's just stick to the 2013 season for now, though...

EDIT: I've also added flags to the drivers and teams. Where there is a pirate flag, there is absolutely no indication of any nationality. There are a few that are ambiguous: Garry Rogers Motorsport says nothing about its nationality but the mention of "V8 Supercars" in the article means I assume the team is Australian; Kamaha Motorsport I've got down as Japanese despite being run from Brands Hatch, as per Fondmetal Team Malaysia, Virgin Racing, and the F1RMGP incarnations of Monteverdi and EuroBrun; likewise I've got Melrose Racing down as Australian.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Sani Morgan is Nigerian whilst Arrowtech is a Canadian team.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

At some point, I shall write up more detailed bios for Douglas Mann, Pippa Mann and Ben Fleet.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I created a page for EastCars driver Zbynek Benes (his pre-series career was invented by me)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I've started adding real drivers and their results in my alternate championships. Feel free to add drivers you feel should have a place on the wiki from the start, and I'll take care of their results.

Also, remember that if you have a virtual driver, it is likely that he is also on the wiki, even more so if he is in the F1RWRS. In that case, check out his profile and add at least his date of birth and place of birth. Also, a small word on his junior career would be nice.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I have no idea how that works to make it look like a real wiki, but i will add some information on their wiki's at least.

Edit: my most known drivers are added. For the others, you have to wait.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Waris

Post by Waris »

I've noticed that you use two different sets of flags; what's up with that? I've been borrowing *cough* some of your flags, and it appears one of them has fewer flags than the other.
Where do you get these flags from?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Waris wrote:I've noticed that you use two different sets of flags; what's up with that? I've been borrowing *cough* some of your flags, and it appears one of them has fewer flags than the other.
Where do you get these flags from?

Thanks for reminding me. I've been meaning to tell Dinizintheoven off for using those flags because not only are they different from the flags used everywhere else but they also look hideous anyway :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Oi! I'll have you know I drew all those. And my set includes a pirate flag as well.

Anyway, Wiki-editing people: the F1RMGP Gallery sections are only four cars to a line because I've never found a way to make it more than that. Ideally, it should be six, or eight, or as many as will fit in the page width at a time. Can it be done?

I might also start on the 2014 page, which FMecha has "helpfully" created but which has no content... yet.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Should probably link the Nathan McKane page here.

Here ya go.

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Nathan_McKane

I'll update with new results and such.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

If any team owners are interested, I'll be more than happy to create a team logo for you which can then be displayed on the team's wiki page. Just let me know how you want it and whether there should be anything specific included and I'll see what I can do! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:If any team owners are interested, I'll be more than happy to create a team logo for you which can then be displayed on the team's wiki page. Just let me know how you want it and whether there should be anything specific included and I'll see what I can do! :)

Heeere. I'd say Tropico Grand Prix should simply use the emblem on this flag somehow in the logo and a small "CR" lettering in the lower corner.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Klon wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:If any team owners are interested, I'll be more than happy to create a team logo for you which can then be displayed on the team's wiki page. Just let me know how you want it and whether there should be anything specific included and I'll see what I can do! :)

Heeere. I'd say Tropico Grand Prix should simply use the emblem on this flag somehow in the logo and a small "CR" lettering in the lower corner.

Okay Klon, cheers for that, here's something I came up with, I guess you could say it has shades of the old Benetton logo! :lol:

And for others wondering what my form is like in creating logos, this is the current Castrol Jones Racing logo I've made:

Let me know what you think Klon, if you want it adjusting or whatever that's no probs! Also anyone else interested just mention here like Klon did and I'll get back ASAP. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

It's as good as perfect. If you happen to have some time left someday, there are two things that I would like to see changed: the "Powered" starting with a small p - although I could take care of that myself easily - and the "Tropico" "Grand" "Prix" moved just a little bit to the left. Thank you very much however for what you've done already.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Our team logo

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?site=i ... n&sa=N#i=2

thanks in advance.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Thanks for that Klon, here it is updated, I've also taken the liberty and uploaded to the page on the wiki.

AdrianSutil, here's the MA-Racing logo I came up with, let me know what you think!

Also, I seem to remember TMLW mentioning something somewhere about wanting people to do logos for the original teams, I know some still don't have logos, so if no-one objects, I'll go ahead and do those too!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dinizintheoven wrote:I might also start on the 2014 page, which FMecha has "helpfully" created but which has no content... yet.

Now it does. And, with the creation of two new teams that have no real-life equivalent, there are also pages for Société Prost-Arnoux Motorsport and Genii Team Malaysia.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Thanks AndreaModa! Looks great!!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Right folks, I've been up all night creating an idea to tidy up and smarten up the front page of the wiki, I've created a temporary page for it here:

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Alternate_main_page

Please take the time to look at it, familiarise yourself with it, and suggest anything you think should be changed or improved, either here, on the page's discussion page, or in the requests section of the existing main page.

I'd like to get the approval of tommykl, Wizzie and TMLW before I do anything else so as not to upset anyone! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

AndreaModa wrote:Right folks, I've been up all night creating an idea to tidy up and smarten up the front page of the wiki, I've created a temporary page for it here:

Please take the time to look at it, familiarise yourself with it, and suggest anything you think should be changed or improved, either here, on the page's discussion page, or in the requests section of the existing main page.

I'd like to get the approval of tommykl, Wizzie and TMLW before I do anything else so as not to upset anyone! :)

I like it, it looks much nicer than the current one. Good work!
Last edited by the Masked Lapwing on 19 Dec 2011, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

My honest opinion? I think what you've done with the layout for the F1/2/3RWRS series, especially with all the teams and drivers, looks fantastic. However, everything else does look a bit cramped. I think if you put the new RWRS layout on the existing page, it'll look pretty much completed. But that's just my opinion. Still, well done on taking the time to do it. I could literally spend hours reading about the driers and teams in the RWRS now.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

AndreaModa wrote:Right folks, I've been up all night creating an idea to tidy up and smarten up the front page of the wiki, I've created a temporary page for it here:

Seems like a lot of the emphasis is on F1RWRS, which makes sense as it is basically the main focus of this wiki, after all. I like the random featured article a lot but I assume that would have to be updated daily, no? My only suggestion would be to move the "Other Fictional Series" page further to the left, to fit more seasons in.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

It looks awesome. Also, does anyone know anything about the F-Tech Motorsports page
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I like it. But, as Tristan said, you should probably make the boxes to the right slightly wider so as to make them more noticeable.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

You get my approval, but I'd like to see the "former driver" section filled ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

AdrianSutil wrote:However, everything else does look a bit cramped. I think if you put the new RWRS layout on the existing page, it'll look pretty much completed.

I do agree, I'm not happy about the balance between the two columns. If it was more equal I think it would be better. The reason the F1RWRS, etc table is so wide is because of the driver and team names, some of which I've already had to shorten. I might experiment with smaller font sizes to try and get round this, and shorten some of the other team names which should hopefully balance things out more.

tristan1117 wrote:I like the random featured article a lot but I assume that would have to be updated daily, no?

It would yes, but I'm happy to do that as it's just a case of clicking on the random page link until it comes up with a decent-sized article, copying 9 or 10 lines of text over and pasting it into that table.

Wizzie wrote:I like it. But, as Tristan said, you should probably make the boxes to the right slightly wider so as to make them more noticeable.

Agreed, as I mentioned above. I'll see what I can come up with in a short while.

tommykl wrote:You get my approval, but I'd like to see the "former driver" section filled ;)

Haha it'll be done eventually! I am a little concerned that once it's completely filled, it might look awfully long, but if as I said above I make the fonts for the drivers and teams smaller, then that should compensate for this somewhat.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The smaller text makes the page look so much better. Nice work mate. I'll get around to replacing the main page with the new one later today.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Allow me to change just one thing about the F1RMGP header...

THE COLOUR!

#DCC232. There's the HTML code it needs to be.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:The smaller text makes the page look so much better. Nice work mate. I'll get around to replacing the main page with the new one later today.

Awesome news! I'm glad everyone approves! :D

dinizintheoven wrote:Allow me to change just one thing about the F1RMGP header...

THE COLOUR!

Christ that's...different! Wizzie has sorted it for you though, the gent that he is! ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:
Wizzie wrote:The smaller text makes the page look so much better. Nice work mate. I'll get around to replacing the main page with the new one later today.

Awesome news! I'm glad everyone approves! :D

dinizintheoven wrote:Allow me to change just one thing about the F1RMGP header...

THE COLOUR!

Christ that's...different! Wizzie has sorted it for you though, the gent that he is! ;)

I also took the liberty to change the colour of the header for the Featured Article in the process just to give the right hand side a bit more variety
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Marvellous. Now all that needs to be done is to amputate AndreaModa's paragraph of holding text at the top... seeing as this is now the real Main Page.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dinizintheoven wrote:Marvellous. Now all that needs to be done is to amputate AndreaModa's paragraph of holding text at the top... seeing as this is now the real Main Page.

Sorted! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'm not the owner of REECCS but I made the page for it. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

A bit of shameless self-plugging here, but if you've got 5 minutes spare, read our main profile :D

I'm quite pleased with it.

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Miti ... ing#F1RWRS
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

As soon as AndreaModa gets around to making my logo, I'll begin the Aeroracing Engineering wiki page.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Phoenix wrote:As soon as AndreaModa gets around to making my logo, I'll begin the Aeroracing Engineering wiki page.

:oops:

I do apologise, I'll do it this afternoon!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_