Now that's just silly ;)

And where's the silhouette of the hotel? I think you can do better Kostas! :P
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Re: Another wiki!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Now that's just silly ;)

He asked for silly!! And if you can't see the hotel, you're not looking hard enough ;)

Best In The World (corporate branding)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

kostas22 wrote:

He asked for silly!! And if you can't see the hotel, you're not looking hard enough ;)

I tried, it's an assault on my eyes! I think I may need to revisit the opticians... :?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AndreaModa wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

I tried, it's an assault on my eyes! I think I may need to revisit the opticians... :?

i asked for absurd, not for silly. And for existentialist. But what exactly is the existentialist part?
It fits perfectly for GTI :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:i asked for absurd, not for silly. And for existentialist. But what exactly is the existentialist part?

I missed it! I went for the father of existentialism himself Søren Kierkegaard :D

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

kostas22 wrote:

Best In The World (corporate branding)

Fixed.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MRT would like a new logo to replace the five minute botch job I put together
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

kostas22 wrote:
This wrote:i asked for absurd, not for silly. And for existentialist. But what exactly is the existentialist part?

I missed it! I went for the father of existentialism himself Søren Kierkegaard :D

Okay, that is even too dry for GTI... i meant the art form, not the philisophers... :D Just nevermind, i'll take the first version, it's surrealist and yet somehow, there's some professionalism in it, and a strange feeling of heavy metal too, which refers to the long gone industrial times when the big plans were made. Perfect! (yes there's a deeper meaning to what you did than what you realised)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Okay, that is even too dry for GTI... i meant the art form, not the philisophers... :D Just nevermind, i'll take the first version, it's surrealist and yet somehow, there's some professionalism in it, and a strange feeling of heavy metal too, which refers to the long gone industrial times when the big plans were made. Perfect! (yes there's a deeper meaning to what you did than what you realised)

No, that's why I went for orange/black, it reminded me of rust, which reminds me of industry. :)

Also, I have no idea what existentialist art is :lol:

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Hang on, do you still believe that you're "The Best In The World"? Grow up, mate, just because your latest F1RWRS showing aren't reeking of hopelesness that doesn't make you the best :lol:

The money I earn with that stuff this brand is producing alone is enough to prove that reputation. And the "Lon Blows" shirt we will start selling at the end of the season will bring Lon haters to make Lon richer. Those sheep! :lol:

I'll make my own "Kay Lon drags" T-shirts to earn a little more money for Aeroracing :D

kostas22, if you can make a possible designs for those T-shirts I'd appreciate it ;) :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:
Klon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Hang on, do you still believe that you're "The Best In The World"? Grow up, mate, just because your latest F1RWRS showing aren't reeking of hopelesness that doesn't make you the best :lol:

The money I earn with that stuff this brand is producing alone is enough to prove that reputation. And the "Lon Blows" shirt we will start selling at the end of the season will bring Lon haters to make Lon richer. Those sheep! :lol:

I'll make my own "Kay Lon drags" T-shirts to earn a little more money for Aeroracing :D

kostas22, if you can make a possible designs for those T-shirts I'd appreciate it ;) :lol:

Meanwhile, it seems some Scuderia Alitalia cronies are selling "Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!" t-shirts in the parking lots during qualifying and the race, seeing as they've got nothing else to do by that time in the race weekends :lol:

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Klon wrote:

Meanwhile, it seems some Scuderia Alitalia cronies are selling "Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!" t-shirts in the parking lots during qualifying and the race, seeing as they've got nothing else to do by that time in the race weekends :lol:

The fact that Melrose himself showed up to race day for the Bathurst 24 Hour race in that shirt is entirely unrelated :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Made a bit of a mess at the bottom with the F1RWRS tables, if someone could line the F1 results like ive done with the F3 ones that would be helpful. I dont know what ive done but im scared to change anything incase it all goes a bit loopy on me :lol:
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

kostas22 wrote:Best In The World (corporate branding)

Absolutely brilliant, thank you very much.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I have already created my own team logo... and it's very rejectful. See it :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

FMecha wrote:I have already created my own team logo... and it's very rejectful. See it :lol:

It's nowhere near as rejectful as the ARC logo. To be fair, the ARC logo is intentionally bad.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So... what can we do with the "random" Wiki entries? Compile them into a "random" section of F1 Rejects terminology?

F1 Deprivation
HWNSNBM (which now says more than merely "HWNSNBM is awesome"...)
Papaya
Papaya cannon
Baker's Law (one I've just made)
Bathplug (another one I've just made)
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:So... what can we do with the "random" Wiki entries? Compile them into a "random" section of F1 Rejects terminology?

I wholeheartedly endorse this Wiki entry.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Well I'm looking to refine the RWRS table on the front page and get rid of the individual driver/team links there so it's a bit easier to navigate, so with the space that creates, we can have a nice little table underneath with them all there! :D

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dinizintheoven wrote:So... what can we do with the "random" Wiki entries? Compile them into a "random" section of F1 Rejects terminology?

F1 Deprivation
HWNSNBM (which now says more than merely "HWNSNBM is awesome"...)
Papaya
Papaya cannon
Bathplug (another one I've just made)

All pages are in the Misc category except for HWNSNBM, which is in Real-life drivers because he is a real-life driver (I can't tell you the name for security reasons). :) Also Diniz, I think you should do the pages for F1RMGP teams and the enduro results. ;)

Within today or tomorrow, I'm planning to launch the wild-mass-guessing page and import things from old wiki - stay tuned ;)
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FMecha wrote:Also Diniz, I think you should do the pages for F1RMGP teams and the enduro results.

Enduro results will follow very shortly. Then I'll crack the teams' pages.

Within today or tomorrow, I'm planning to launch the wild-mass-guessing page and import things from old wiki - stay tuned ;)

I think I know the one you mean, but... it was a bit disorganised, wasn't it?

Incidentally, "wild mass guessing" seems to have crept into the F1RMGP Wiki page. Who are James Legard and Jonathan Allen? There's only one radio commentator, and that's Jimmy Allinson. Was his name not already a clue as to a potential real-life counterpart...?
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dinizintheoven wrote:Incidentally, "wild mass guessing" seems to have crept into the F1RMGP Wiki page. Who are James Legard and Jonathan Allen? There's only one radio commentator, and that's Jimmy Allinson. Was his name not already a clue as to a potential real-life counterpart...?

Changed it. They are the reserve commentator(s) and grid walkers. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Well I'm looking to refine the RWRS table on the front page and get rid of the individual driver/team links there so it's a bit easier to navigate, so with the space that creates, we can have a nice little table underneath with them all there! :D

How about getting rid of the table altogether and put some big shiny buttons in their place? :)

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

kostas22 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Well I'm looking to refine the RWRS table on the front page and get rid of the individual driver/team links there so it's a bit easier to navigate, so with the space that creates, we can have a nice little table underneath with them all there! :D

How about getting rid of the table altogether and put some big shiny buttons in their place? :)

Like this? (its just a mock-up)

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Kind of, although it would need a few more links in it, as well as all the F2 and F3 drivers, teams and records pages being done first!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Kind of, although it would need a few more links in it, as well as all the F2 and F3 drivers, teams and records pages being done first!

I am going to create a more imaginitve Beta test page, so watch out for that.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

kostas22 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Kind of, although it would need a few more links in it, as well as all the F2 and F3 drivers, teams and records pages being done first!

I am going to create a more imaginitve Beta test page, so watch out for that.

By all means, go for it. The current one I designed to replace the original page which was even more basic. What exists now is about the limit of my wiki programming skills so if you can make something better, that would be brilliant. I did have an idea to have a 'road to the F1RWRS' graphic with the info for each series represented like a flow diagram, with F3RWRS and RoLFS at the bottom, followed by the F2RWRS and then F1RWRS at the top. But whatever, I'm sure it's going to be better than my efforts!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Couldn't figure out how to stack floating tables so had shite all over the place on the Beta test.

Took me an hour to come up with the idea that wiki stacks the tables horizontally rather than vertically Image

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

kostas22 wrote:Couldn't figure out how to stack floating tables so had shite all over the place on the Beta test.

Took me an hour to come up with the idea that wiki stacks the tables horizontally rather than vertically Image

Is it just me, or is the wiki not working? Ever time I try to access it, the wiki refuses to load

EDIT ---- It was just me :oops:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

I like it like that - you can't miss it. It would be nice though kostas if the other (active) series got the same treatment. Great Work, keep it up!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

I like it like that - you can't miss it. It would be nice though kostas if the other (active) series got the same treatment. Great Work, keep it up!

I thought about that, but consider this - the page would be a MASSIVE long list of these. I'll keep the idea of big images for active series but re-design it a bit.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Stupid question: is there a deeper reason the fonts for the three series are different? Because to be honest, it would look ... more seriously (using this word in combination with a virtual racing series just feels silly) :lol: ... if we were to use a unified font.

Other than that it is pretty much awesome.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:Stupid question: is there a deeper reason the fonts for the three series are different? Because to be honest, it would look ... more seriously (using this word in combination with a virtual racing series just feels silly) :lol: ... if we were to use a unified font.

Other than that it is pretty much awesome.

Yes there is actually, I wanted to give each series its own individual identity by using primary colours (F3RWRS was supposed to be blue but I had a mind lapse and put green by accident) combined with different fonts.

Also, I should probably explain the 'History' placeholder that goes nowhere at the moment. This will be a new page for each of the RWRS which gives brief details of and links to all seasons in that series, and a list of former drivers in the series.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'd also like it Kostas if we could include the drivers, teams and records pages for each series in these images, otherwise it's going to be a nightmare trying to navigate to some of the older ones that maybe aren't competing in the current season.

What we have at the moment is too much information, and what you've proposed perhaps has not quite enough. We need a balance between the two I think!

EDIT: although having re-read your last post it seems you intend to do that with the 'history' pages.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

If I'm honest, I prefer the current main page, although the driver and team lists should be gotten rid of. But if we do use the new one, can they at least use the same bloody font?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

How about - red, green, blue for F1/2/3RWRS, then F1RMGP can keep the immense gold (#DCC232)?

Any other major alternative championships (F1RGP2C, REECCS) could have their own colours as well. That said, the REECCS should be red and gold, like the flag of Glorious And In Not Any Way Repressive At All Soviet Union Of Communist Greatness Against Capitalist Pigs Of Evil West.

Seeing as I've just designed a ton of logos for Viking Racing, I should do the same for the F1RMGP series. It'll take, probably, five minutes.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Wild mass guessing page is now online on the wiki. Please send any feedback here. :)

In case you are wondering for the WMG page, it is here. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

New logos for Scuderia Alitalia and Parma Corse for the upcoming 2015 season;

Also, the full history of Il Barone Rampante is complete and on the wiki :)

Image Image