Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
AustralianStig

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by AustralianStig »

This wrote:
swooperproop wrote:Hello! I've just joined!

What else am I supposed to say? :P

If you happen to be female, never, ever mention that. :P It's for your own safety.

Don't be silly, females don't exist on the internet!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AustralianStig wrote:Don't be silly, females don't exist on the internet!

Wait, what? They don't?! :cry: I need to go out and get a life...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:

It's true, actually, the majority of females on the internet are males pretending to be female. The others are hardcore feminists.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

It's true, actually, the majority of females on the internet are males pretending to be female. The others are hardcore feminists.

Wow. You learn something new every day, don't you!

Actually, This, weren't you the one offering to cross-dress for me the other week? Proves a point doesn't it!
EDIT: This, This, is what I was recalling...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, yes, i'm sorry i traumatised you with that :lol: It doesn't really prove a point, as i'm not pretending to be female, in fact, i am very open about my gender identity confusion, but i never denied that i have male anatomy :P
But yeah, obviously, i did try presenting as female online a few times, and i must say you learn really a lot about how the internets work. You get to know guys in a ... eh... very...different way. Trust me, you really don't want to know. It kind of turned me into a lesbian man.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Well, yes, i'm sorry i traumatised you with that :lol: It doesn't really prove a point, as i'm not pretending to be female, in fact, i am very open about my gender identity confusion, but i never denied that i have male anatomy :P
But yeah, obviously, i did try presenting as female online a few times, and i must say you learn really a lot about how the internets work. You get to know guys in a ... eh... very...different way. Trust me, you really don't want to know. It kind of turned me into a lesbian man.

I'm not really traumatised, but at the time, I thought it was you just mucking about. I wasn't aware you actually had gender identity confusion? I'm intrigued to know how it affects you in your everyday life, but not sure if this is the right place to discuss it?
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

It was a mockery, as obviously, i don't dress up other people, and don't wear any fetish stuff. But there was truth behind it, as i explained later in this topic.
Yeah this forum probably isn't the right place to discuss matter like these. Defenitely not this topic, it was absolutely not my intention to scare people off, but i guess, i done it again :oops: I just want to let the new guys know that this subject is not representative of the forum.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:It was a mockery, as obviously, i don't dress up other people, and don't wear any fetish stuff. But there was truth behind it, as i explained later in this topic.
Yeah this forum probably isn't the right place to discuss matter like these. Defenitely not this topic, it was absolutely not my intention to scare people off, but i guess, i done it again :oops: I just want to let the new guys know that this subject is not representative of the forum.

I'm sure it is just what it is. And as you said before, this forum is quite accepting and non-judgmental on the whole. There is more trolling for being a fan of Vettel/Lewis/Red Bull than you do for cross-dressing on here, I have found!
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Thank god i'm not a Vettel/Hamilton/Red Bull fan, then! They don't have support groups for that. :lol:
applemonoxide

Post by applemonoxide »

deleting ancient messages
Last edited by applemonoxide on 22 May 2022, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

swooperproop wrote:
This wrote:
swooperproop wrote:Hello! I've just joined!

What else am I supposed to say? :P

If you happen to be female, never, ever mention that. :P It's for your own safety.

Haha, I'm not female, thankfully.

Shame! ;)
MCard LOLA
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and I'm ready to talk about the many failures of F1. :D
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
stratonascar

Post by stratonascar »

Hello I'm New, and I really like NASCAR!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Welcome ChequeredFlagNope and stratonascar to this forum. Hope you can share a few laughs in here.

By the way, if you want a popular welcome you should state that you are female. From the looks of the previous pages it works like a charm! :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ChequeredFlagNope wrote:Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and I'm ready to talk about the many failures of F1. :D
ChequeredFlagNope wrote:Location: Inbetween Maldonado's front wing and the barrier.

Do you require medical assistance? That sounds painful...and recurring.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

DanielPT wrote:Welcome ChequeredFlagNope and stratonascar to this forum. Hope you can share a few laughs in here.

By the way, if you want a popular welcome you should state that you are female. From the looks of the previous pages it works like a charm! :lol:

These people want to discuss the wrong right end of the F1 grid, not be harassed at every turn :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Welcome ChequeredFlagNope and stratonascar to this forum. Hope you can share a few laughs in here.

These people want to discuss the wrong right end of the F1 grid, not be harassed at every turn :P

Tell that to the poor female souls that dared to enter our forum! Not many are still around. :P
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

DanielPT wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Tell that to the poor female souls that dared to enter our forum! Not many are still around. :P

Well, only Waris is still around, and that's because most of us forgot she was female :oops:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ooopppsss. I feel somewhat responsible for that...
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

ChequeredFlagNope wrote:Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and I'm ready to talk about the many failures of F1. :D

Jordan avatar. That's a good start.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

FullMetalJack wrote:

Jordan avatar. That's a good start.

And the great Narain Karthikeyan driving it as well. :)
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:Ooopppsss. I feel somewhat responsible for that...

...and with Susie Wolfffff now giving us an "I will eat your soul" face on every post, are you completely surprised?

Mr Noseybonk would be proud.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

Does anybody know the reason for the F1 Reject website to be down? :|
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
Bobby Doorknobs

ChequeredFlagNope wrote:Does anybody know the reason for the F1 Reject website to be down? :|

As our good friend Enoch wrote:
eytl wrote:I do apologise that the downage of the site (when no adequate word exists, make one up) has occurred suddenly and without further explanation, and that that status remains. I acknowledge that this little crazy hobby of ours has been a source of free entertainment and enjoyment for many of you for a long time, but right now that can't be the case.

I appreciate that for many of you, that may seem somewhat unsatisfactory. But clearly there are some issues we are having to work through. Some of it is personal. I know in this PR-saturated world that is often an excuse which is trotted out but, in this case, I can say that that is true. But I don't think Jamie or I can or should say any more.

I would simply ask for your patience. I would also politely ask that you do not speculate as to what the issues are. As I would prefer to err on the side of being overkillingly cautious in that regard, I propose to lock this thread. My apologies again.
#FreeGonzo
Chris45215

Post by Chris45215 »

Hi everyone! I've been a fan of the podcast for years, and enjoyed the website for about 2 years. It's heartbreaking to see the podcast fall onto hard times, so I hope that something can be revived - there is enough creativity in the community to support the work, and god knows F1 needs it.

I've also been a huge fan of SidePodcast and the youtuber IntoTheBarrier, who also semi-retired from Youtube recently. He has a similar Australian sense of humor and love for the hopeless hopefulls. It's been a sad few months for F1's comedy fans.

Is there any way to help support the website? I would love to send a donation; I know how much servers can cost and it isn't cheap. I've gotten more joy from F1Rejects than from many things that I've happily paid for. At least let me contribute to the beer fund.

Thanks guys and gals,
Bobby Doorknobs

Chris45215 wrote:Hi everyone! I've been a fan of the podcast for years, and enjoyed the website for about 2 years. It's heartbreaking to see the podcast fall onto hard times, so I hope that something can be revived - there is enough creativity in the community to support the work, and god knows F1 needs it.

I've also been a huge fan of SidePodcast and the youtuber IntoTheBarrier, who also semi-retired from Youtube recently. He has a similar Australian sense of humor and love for the hopeless hopefulls. It's been a sad few months for F1's comedy fans.

Is there any way to help support the website? I would love to send a donation; I know how much servers can cost and it isn't cheap. I've gotten more joy from F1Rejects than from many things that I've happily paid for. At least let me contribute to the beer fund.

Thanks guys and gals,

Welcome Chris! Yes, it is a great sadness to know that there will not be any more podcasts, at least not from Jamie and Enoch. I can take care of that donation if you like, you can just send it to me. :P

Jokes aside, once again, welcome and:
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Chris45215 wrote:Is there any way to help support the website? I would love to send a donation; I know how much servers can cost and it isn't cheap. I've gotten more joy from F1Rejects than from many things that I've happily paid for. At least let me contribute to the beer fund.

There used to be a merchandise shop that I kept intending to make purchases from. There used to be a link to it from the main website. I tried Googling it yesterday, but to no avail...
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:
Chris45215 wrote:Is there any way to help support the website? I would love to send a donation; I know how much servers can cost and it isn't cheap. I've gotten more joy from F1Rejects than from many things that I've happily paid for. At least let me contribute to the beer fund.

There used to be a merchandise shop that I kept intending to make purchases from. There used to be a link to it from the main website. I tried Googling it yesterday, but to no avail...

This has been taken offline permanently.

As I said before, the website is not extinct, merely dormant. There might even be new merchandise forthcoming in the future. But this is a long term goal rather than something coming immediately.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

This has been taken offline permanently.

As I said before, the website is not extinct, merely dormant. There might even be new merchandise forthcoming in the future. But this is a long term goal rather than something coming immediately.

Thanks Biscione. I was always tempted to get a t-shirt/polo shirt or two and now it's too late. Always the way. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
MCard LOLA
applemonoxide

Post by applemonoxide »

Bobby Doorknobs

swooperproop wrote:Me again, and I've got a noob question this time! Am I allowed to ask 'where to get GP2' or 'how to use GP2' and stuff like that? I want to get GP2(if you couldn't realize :P ) and if I'm allowed to ask, where should I ask those questions?

I only saw your question just now, perhaps you already found out in the intervening period, but to answer it, try here. It should hopefully work with DOSBox. In future, the best place to ask any gaming-related questions would be the Black Stig Memorial Forum.
#FreeGonzo
applemonoxide

Post by applemonoxide »

tBone

Post by tBone »

Hi all!
After reading the forum and the main site for a long time, I decided to finally join.
I've been watching formula 1 all my life, for as far as I can remember, so since about 1997-1998.
Also, I've always been a fan of the underdogs, in particular Minardi and Super Aguri.
Am I supposed to tell more here?
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Bobby Doorknobs

tBone wrote:Hi all!
After reading the forum and the main site for a long time, I decided to finally join.
I've been watching formula 1 all my life, for as far as I can remember, so since about 1997-1998.
Also, I've always been a fan of the underdogs, in particular Minardi and Super Aguri.
Am I supposed to tell more here?

Welcome tBone! It seems you are already familiar with the site, forum and all of our religious traditions. Should you say more? That's up to you. You could reveal all your embarrassing secrets in one post or drop subtle hints throughout the forum. You decide. ;)

Once again, welcome! :)
#FreeGonzo
tBone

Post by tBone »

Simtek wrote:You could reveal all your embarrassing secrets in one post or drop subtle hints throughout the forum. You decide. ;)

I'll go for option 2 :P
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Simtek wrote:You could reveal all your embarrassing secrets in one post or drop subtle hints throughout the forum. You decide. ;)

Because a person without embarrassing secrets would never be allowed to join this forum, right? :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:

Because a person without embarrassing secrets would never be allowed to join this forum, right? :P

Right! ;)
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

This wrote:

I don't have embarrasing secrets, but i do embarrasing things like this

(Do you really want to see it? REALLY?)
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
This wrote:

I don't have embarrasing secrets, but i do embarrasing things like this

(Do you really want to see it? REALLY?)

Well, I suppose an embarrassing thing about yourself is your clear love for the singer Foxes. :P :lol:

Although in fairness, given that I'm the resident Kate Nash/Amy Macdonald/Paloma Faith fanboy on the forums, you're OK. :) ;)

You heard that Baker? Hands off. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l