The Lucas di Grassi Formula E Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
AxelP800

Re: The Lucas di Grassi Formula E Thread

Post by AxelP800 »

HAHA! Just as thought di Grassi was way too quick. Another former Virgin/Marussia driver wins :D
That's 7 winners from 8 races :dance: Dragon 1-3 :dance:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, will be all be cheering on Charles Pic in Moscow? And will Max Chilton abandon his American adventure to join the series next year, alongside Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi and Timo Glock? Will Sakon Yamamoto make a surprise appearance? Stay tuned to ITV4...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Some interesting stuff in this article about Citroen coming in next year ...
Specifically that they expect it will be Year 5 before they are able to complete the race distance using just one car.

http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/exclusive-citroens-top-secret-formula-e-test
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

dinizintheoven wrote:So, will be all be cheering on Charles Pic in Moscow? And will Max Chilton abandon his American adventure to join the series next year, alongside Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi and Timo Glock? Will Sakon Yamamoto make a surprise appearance? Stay tuned to ITV4...

I'll be cheering on anyone who isn't Piquet. I don't want that gobshite anywhere near a championship win.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Barbazza wrote:I'll be cheering on anyone who isn't Piquet. I don't want that gobshite anywhere near a championship win.

I am beginning to wonder if Fan Boost is a public voting system in the same sense that the X-Factor "voting" system was - i.e. a façade when in reality the whole thing was pre-determined by the organisers. This is the only explanation why Piquet Jr has been winning fanboosts of late. They want a third driver with a famous name to challenge Di Grassi and Buemi. Senna got loads at the start and did nothing with them, Prost isn't good enough to know how to use them, so the organisers cycle through to Piquet Jr as the last "big name" who at least has a chance of challenging the top duo if he's given an extra push.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I can't understand how Duran keeps getting them. He's done f*** all!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:
Barbazza wrote:I'll be cheering on anyone who isn't Piquet. I don't want that gobshite anywhere near a championship win.

I am beginning to wonder if Fan Boost is a public voting system in the same sense that the X-Factor "voting" system was - i.e. a façade when in reality the whole thing was pre-determined by the organisers. This is the only explanation why Piquet Jr has been winning fanboosts of late. They want a third driver with a famous name to challenge Di Grassi and Buemi. Senna got loads at the start and did nothing with them, Prost isn't good enough to know how to use them, so the organisers cycle through to Piquet Jr as the last "big name" who at least has a chance of challenging the top duo if he's given an extra push.

That would also have explained Katherine Legge getting the Fan Boost each time she raced at the start of the season?

Alternatively, people are voting for them simply because they are actually names that they have heard of?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
nome66

Post by nome66 »

yeah man i've voted for speed and piquet to watch em do some open-wheel rallycross.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

ROTR has to go to e.DAMS. Believing the minimum pitstop time was 10 seconds longer than it actually was is one of those comically inept moments in motorsport we have to treasure for all time. :facepalm: :D

Although, given the way he was driving today, Trulli deserves a kicking. Glad Duval divebombed him at the end, he was driving like a moron all day. Time to retire, Jarno.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Some genius decided that the place the podium finishers should stop in parc fermé is on a slope, and these cars don't have handbrakes :lol:
#FreeGonzo
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:I can't understand how Duran keeps getting them. He's done f*** all!

You are seriously asking that on a Rejects board? AndreaModa, you should know better. Anyway, I am giving Duran all my fanboost since he acknowledged me shouting "Duran, you're the man" in Berlin. Before the IRC guys ask, yes, I plan on harping on about that forever.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Damn, that last lap between Vergne, Buemi and Heidfeld was controversial, comical, fantastic and great battling throughout at the same time. That was Formula E.

Also love the fact that half the race was focused on the drama Jarno Trulli: How I learned to stop worrying about Da Costa and love cutting the chicane. That, as well as the e.DAMS pitstop calamity provided enough reject goodness for me this race.

Also, shout out to Dario Franchitti and Jack Nicholls on commentary. They have so much chemistry commentating together, bouncing comments, jokes and insights into the race off each other like two tennis players in an epic rally. Franchitti has such a quick wit to match Nicholls constant chatter that never really bores me, these two are just perfect on commentary.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Bobby Doorknobs

Klon wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I can't understand how Duran keeps getting them. He's done f*** all!

You are seriously asking that on a Rejects board? AndreaModa, you should know better. Anyway, I am giving Duran all my fanboost since he acknowledged me shouting "Duran, you're the man" in Berlin. Before the IRC guys ask, yes, I plan on harping on about that forever.

Yeah, well Felipe Massa waved to me in Monaco 2012 :P
#FreeGonzo
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Simtek wrote:
Klon wrote:

Yeah, well Felipe Massa waved to me in Monaco 2012 :P

Yeah, well I shook John Surtees' hand ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
andrew

Post by andrew »

Meanwhile Trulli has a grid drop of 5 places for London after creating his own track.
Loic Duval has a 25 second penalty after hitting Jarno.

Finally Nick Heidfeld now has a podium as Buemi has a post race time penalty for an unsafe release dropping to 9th and 3rd in the points. He does however pick up fastest lap points as Vergne's lap was dropped after cutting the chicane
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Now that I've caught up on this race (being busy yesterday), I can say that, although it's been rare this season that a Reject Of The Race has even been thought of, Formula E's cheesiest team thoroughly deserved it for that pit lane blunder. Sébastien Buemi finished (on the track, at least) nine seconds behind NPJ... and if he ends up losing the championship from that hideous mistake, the Silly Season is going to be... interesting.

I wonder, already, who we'll see driving in the second season? Will we be subjected to more boarding of the Trulli Tram or will he step aside for someone else to trundle around at the back of the field?
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:I wonder, already, who we'll see driving in the second season? Will we be subjected to more boarding of the Trulli Tram or will he step aside for someone else to trundle around at the back of the field?

If Michela Cerruti is prepared to leave the team to race in Euro NASCAR instead, that is not a ringing endorsement of the team.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I wonder, already, who we'll see driving in the second season? Will we be subjected to more boarding of the Trulli Tram or will he step aside for someone else to trundle around at the back of the field?

If Michela Cerruti is prepared to leave the team to race in Euro NASCAR instead, that is not a ringing endorsement of the team.

To be fair, Liuzzi's a better driver anyway.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

To be fair, Michela's a better looker anyway. :P
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I wonder if anyone will ask where this post went or what it contained?
Last edited by dinizintheoven on 09 Jun 2015, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:If Michela Cerruti is prepared to leave the team to race in Euro NASCAR instead, that is not a ringing endorsement of the team.

To be fair, Michela's a better looker anyway. :P

I could imagine Tonio (and italian racing drivers in general) being popular in the gay community, so that's impossible to objectively judge. :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:I could imagine Tonio (and italian racing drivers in general) being popular in the gay community, so that's impossible to objectively judge. :P

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... So both points equally valid. But my subjective view holds for me so :P

MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Here's a thought. According to the rules as stated on the All-Knowing Oracle:

Wikipedia wrote:Each driver's lowest-scoring round is dropped from their total; however, rounds where the driver was excluded from the race cannot be dropped.

Can a round where the driver is absent count as one of these drops? As it stands, the top three competing for the title all have one round where they scored zero; Nicolas Prost doesn't, as his two finishes outside the points both saw him score points for pole and fastest lap respectively - so if he scores in the two rounds in the Smoke, he'll have to drop a point for the tenth place in Berlin.

But what of Franck Montagny? His results read: second, disqualified... and then no more rounds, with no possibility of any further participation this year, next year, or probably ever. So will he end the season on 18 points... or zero for dropping his only points-scoring race that he was actually entered for?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Here's a thought. According to the rules as stated on the All-Knowing Oracle:

Wikipedia wrote:Each driver's lowest-scoring round is dropped from their total; however, rounds where the driver was excluded from the race cannot be dropped.

But what of Franck Montagny? His results read: second, disqualified... and then no more rounds, with no possibility of any further participation this year, next year, or probably ever. So will he end the season on 18 points... or zero for dropping his only points-scoring race that he was actually entered for?

Hmmm, that would be interesting, Franck's lowest-scoring round is his highest-scoring round, a second place in a season where he did not win...
MCard LOLA
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

#28's Andretti will be filled by Simona de Silvestro :D A good chance and added another long list to Andretti's FE drivers this season.....

Antonio Felix da Costa won't race in London due to DTM ( :evil: ) and who will replace him? He's Japanese....

Sakon Yamamoto
He had test the car at Homestead-Miami Speedway Road Course as his role of a Japanese TV analyst.

Here we goooo, Banzaiiiiiii :dance: :D :D
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AxelP800 wrote:#28's Andretti will be filled by Simona de Silvestro :D A good chance and added another long list to Andretti's FE drivers this season.....

She's guaranteed to have at least one fan in the trackside crowds! 8-) And I'll be prepared to bet that she'll win one of the FanBoosts on race day...
MCard LOLA
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

AxelP800 wrote:Antonio Felix da Costa won't race in London due to DTM ( :evil: ) and who will replace him? ...

Sakon Yamamoto

Here we goooo, Banzaiiiiiii :dance: :D :D

As was common during Enoch and Jamie's tenure on this website's podcast, the Big news in Formula One usually had not happened in Formula One at all. And this is the Big news in Formula One indeed.

Go Sakon-san! :pantano:
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I am now obviously gutted that I decided not to go to see the races in person.

Can we club together as a group to bribe Sakon to 'accidentally' ram Piquet off the track? Twice, ideally. Just to see how he likes a bit of blatant cheating.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

75 yen and a packet of demon-strength painkillers, that should do it.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Sakon apparently stole Takuma's helmet :P

Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

And Sakon is already on his way to the inevitable ...

New Amlin Aguri driver Sakon Yamamoto has taken the early lead in the #FanBoost voting.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/yamamoto-leads-in-fanboost.aspx :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

madmark1974 wrote:And Sakon is already on his way to the inevitable ...

New Amlin Aguri driver Sakon Yamamoto has taken the early lead in the #FanBoost voting.

Dammit. When I voted, the Swiss Miss was third... :x
MCard LOLA
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

WHY?
Who's responsible for this?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Henrique wrote:

WHY?
Who's responsible for this?

Who could it be?
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Oh FFS, not a great way to start the weekend....

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... es-finale/

Go home Boris you twat (Boris Said would've been a better idea).
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Oh FFS, not a great way to start the weekend....

If it were any other politician, I would agree. But it's BoJo! GO BOJO!!!

With the exception of any Monster Raving Loony Party members, of course. But then, none of them have yet to be elected as an MP...
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Alguersuari has just announced that he won't be taking part this weekend:
Jaime Alguersuari wrote:On June 6th, after the Moscow ePrix I suffered a faint as a result of dehydration and extreme exhaustion during the race.

As a consecuence of this faint I had some medical tests done, with succesful results, and at the moment my license is temporarily suspended until the FIA makes sure that I’m fully able to carry on with my sporting career.

My health is safe and I’m in shape, and I’m absolutely convinced I can compete this weekend, but for security reasons we need to delve into medical research. For this reason, together with Virgin Racing, the FIA and the doctors we’ve decided not to take part in the London ePrix this weekend.

It’s a shame because it will be the last ePrix of the season and I wanted to race in front of our fans, but we must be respectful with the FIA’s procedures.

I want to wish all the luck to my team Virgin Racing in the last ePrix of the 2014/15 Formula E season.

It seems odd that this should happen to him after a Formula E race, it's not exactly the most physically demanding motorsport series out there. Perhaps there is more to this than what we see on the surface (no, please, sit back down).
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

You don't have to put yourself through strenuous activity to suffer from dehydration. It's happened to me two or three times simply from wearing too many clothes while it's hot and I'm thirsty.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

CoopsII wrote:Oh FFS, not a great way to start the weekend....

I can't help but like Boris, even though I disagree with much of what he stands for politically. Anyway, Formula E in general has been a pleasant surprise.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:If it were any other politician, I would agree. But it's BoJo! GO BOJO!!!

The man is an idiot. The fact that the people of London voted for him to be their mayor proves that they are idiots. They will probably vote for Sol Campbell next because he also appears to be an idiot.
Just For One Day...